The morning work she had to attend to thankfully would not take very long. One quick cantrip cleaned up the place rather nicely and another incantation, which took her a solid minute to perform, mended her bed back to good as new! She had a feeling that it was going to become an ever increasingly valuable one. But that just meant she'd get more practice with it. No, what took her the most time was the Nun's Brew.

She had all the ingredients that she needed. In fact the ingredients were already well prepared. Plants and fruits were dried and already crushed into powders. Harder materials were easily ground away within a couple minutes. Preparing the cauldron to a boiling state wouldn't even take very long. It was simply many small steps that required her attention, along with careful measuring of each ingredient. This task took her a solid ten minutes to set up, but once it was finished she could leave the mixture to bubble and boil all day while they traveled on the road.

With a new batch of the potion set to intermingle Luna grabbed her tome and settled it within a leather carrying satchel. If they were going to be on the road and if Rayvenne was going to be keeping watch then she would have ample opportunity to study the ancient texts. Studying was of course important as she was still a witch in training, but she actually had a goal in mind: figure out how to contact Lady Maed! Or at the very least locate her if she was perhaps trapped in some place or form.

Once she exited the wagon Luna turned, tapping a finger upon the door. A hushed enchantment closed up the stall completely and secured the locks. After brushing Lucky's mane for a few moments she hopped up into the wagon. "I am ready to go when you are!"

• Love 1

• Community Administrator

When Luna hopped up on her wagon and declared that she was ready, Rayvenne nodded back to her and then looked at Raeghan with a pointed look. He cawed at her, before leaping off of Maedoc’s rump and flying up to circle around them for a moment before he flew off in a Southern direction, following the road. Normally she would head a shorter route, however with Luna’s wagon it would be better to stick to the roads. This meant that they had to travel further south, hugging the shore of the lake before turning and heading in an easterly direction. With a sigh, she pulled herself up onto Maedoc’s back, shifting a little to get comfortable before she nudged him forward in a walk. The stallion snorted and tossed his head, giving her an almost reproachful look over his shoulder. Quietly, she stroked his neck and said softly, “Sorry; you’re going to have to wait before we can run.” The stallion snorted, pawing at the ground below but he obediently kept to a slow pace to accommodate Luna’s horse. 

As the day wore on, and they moved around the lake, they were able to start seeing the white caps of the distance mountains. Despite the fact that they could already see them, they were still a fair distance away. Even so, she slowed down her horse who snorted indignantly at her, so that she was riding closer to the wagon. She pointed out the mountains and said, “That’s the mountains we’re heading to. Don’t be fooled by the fact that you can now see them; they’re pretty far. Still, not as tall or imposing as the Therarr Mountains. Even so, they’re pretty impressive. Do you know anything about them?” She asked, turning her eyes up to watch the small black spec of Raeghan flying above 

• Love 1

Lucky of course didn't mind the pace they were traveling at. Slow and steady was better for him with the weight he had to pull. Of course she also knew that he did enjoy running free when he had the opportunity, but then that generally wasn't an option either. Still, she tried to give him time when they found an appropriate spot for it. Out here with the forests was not the best location.

Throughout the day Luna delved into her tome. It was pretty ancient and it did hold many a spell, however it did not seem focused enough upon necromancy to offer her any insights into contacting the dead. There were of course spells to contact the living from a distance or to locate someone. If Maed was in fact alive then perhaps she might be able to give that a try. However if she was dead, or at least if her body was gone, then she would require something more. For that reason alone it would be good to keep an eye out for such tomes.

So focused upon her studies was she that she hadn't even noticed the change of scenery until Rayvenne had pointed it out. In fact she hadn't even noticed Rayvenne's presence until she'd spoken, and that had caused her to jump a little! "A-ah? Oh. Wow! They are quite pretty!" Of course they did appear to be very close to her, but then she also trusted Rayvenne's word. That must have meant that they were quite large! Now that was exciting!

"I don't unfortunately. Actually I've never been up into the mountains. We used to always stick to the roads and I sort of did the same."

• Love 1

Rayvenne nodded, not surprised by her lack of knowledge. Not many people knew, because they weren’t interested in the history involving mountains that they would never see in their lifetime. And Luna’s studies would have been more focused around the magical arts. So she was neither surprised, nor offended by Luna’s answer. Despite her rather recluse nature, she was struck by the sudden urge to talk and she had a feeling that Luna might at least have a mild interest,

“The mountains are called Enutpen’s Glory. It has played an important roll in the foundation of the Kingdom. Craethiel was originally a collection of warring states until two petty Kings decided to try and expand their borders. Enutpen, and Tarl. They expanded their borders, swallowing other Kingdoms until it was just them two. Their war was long and bitter until Enupten tricked Tarl into following his army into the Enutpen’s Glory where he ambushed Tarl’s army and wiped them out. Enutpen took over Tarl’s land and founded the Kingdom of Craethiel.” She paused for a moment before she then added, “A risky move, considering how dangerous the mountains are. They have all manner of strange creatures that haunt its peaks. It will also be rather difficult with the wagon, especially to get into the deeper areas where the dragons like to hide. I hope you’ve got something in your magical bag to help with that. If you don’t, then Maed’s tome might.”

• Love 1

It was a good opportunity for Luna to take a break from her studies. She was always excited to learn new things! A history lesson, especially from someone who might have been old enough to have witnessed the history, was pretty exciting! Okay, maybe Rayvenne wasn't that old. Or maybe she was? Luna really didn't know. Even so it was kind of fun to imagine it.

"That makes sense. Enutpen sounds like a really tricky person! Although admitedly I don't really know much about the conflict either. But it is always neat to learn why things are called the way they are."

The little bunny nodded a couple of times, shutting her tome. For the moment she tucked it back into its leather carrying satchel. It was a sheathe of sorts for the one weapon she had access to. "About the only thing I know about any mountain is that it is dangerous. That's why we never ventured to them, although I have always wanted to check one out. I'm sure there are plenty of neat ingredients up there, maybe even some that aren't even catalogued!"

Rayvenne had a good point as well when it came to traveling up the mountain. Lucky wasn't really built for that sort of thing and neither was her wagon. Storing the wagon somewhere hidden would be a simple enough task. Lucky on the other hand was a different matter entirely. "I can hide my wagon pretty easily. But Lucky here might have difficulties going up a mountain. He's tough but I don't know if he is that tough, you know?"

Checking the other tome wasn't a terrible idea. "I don't think I have anything in mine that might help. It might be good to check Miss Maed's tome. Speaking of which, I had wished to ask to look at it. You see I wanted to see if there was any way that I could try to contact her. Um, with your permission of course. Or perhaps locate her if she is still alive. I mean it is possible, right? Especially if you never found a body. There is all sorts of crazy magick out there."

• Love 1

A part of Rayvenne was pleased that Luna listened with apt attention, clearly taking an interest in the small history lesson. At Luna’s comment about Enutpen being a tricky person, she couldn’t help but snort slightly in agreement. The man was considered a tactical genius, known for pulling stunts like that. To make what seemed to be an unwinnable situation, winnable. As Luna went on to explain what she knew about the mountain and her hopes, Rayvenne shrugged a little, “There could be. We’ll look while we’re there. Might as well. All manner of strange plants grow in the mountains.” She wasn’t that bothered about spending time in the mountains. Despite the dangers, she found it quite relaxing. 

She was glad that Luna had a means to hide her wagon easily, but at her concern, Rayvenne ran a trained eye over Lucky before saying, “I think he will be fine. He spends long hours pulling a heavy wagon. He’s strong and sure footed.” Her eyes then moved back towards Luna once again, listening carefully as the younger woman spoke. She then turned her eyes back towards the road and was silent for a few moments. Finally, she said, “There is a body. I buried it myself. She was certainly dead when I buried her. But necromancy was something that she dabbled in, although she did prefer conjuration and transmutation magic. So there might be something hidden within her tome. I would be reluctant to disturb her rest, though. Is there a particular reason you want to speak to her?”

• Love 1

Now the bunny was even more excited to venture up the mountain! It was the sort of place her parents never got to see. Also perhaps she might find new ingredients to test! Of course that could be dangerous sometimes, but she had a method to test whether or not something was at least poisonous. Even so, the testing stage was always an exciting adventure! One never knew what sort of affects anything might have until one tried them!

I've just got to be a little more careful with other people around. Sometimes it can be a little embarrassing!

Luna followed Rayvenne's gaze to Lucky. Of course she hadn't ever had the opportunity to bring Lucky up into the mountains. Rayvenne had a good point there too. Besides, it would certainly do him some good to relax and unhitch for awhile. "Okay. You probably have a better eye for this sort of thing." Even so, it might be good to look into brewing something for both of their horses. Perhaps she could make something that could keep them warm up there? She assumed it was going to be cold.

"O-oh. Sorry."

Ears drooped slightly. Well now she felt bad about bringing it up! But at least she knew. It was unlikely that something mysterious had happened to the woman in that case. Probably. Again, necromancy was not her forte. Of course since Maed had dabbled in it the likelihood that she was still around was certainly above zero! But then perhaps there would be a reason for her not to show herself to her friends as well.

"I had hoped to meet her. There is so much to ask her! And she sounds like an amazing person. Also I thought maybe you might want to again. B-but if she is at rest then I would be reluctant to call upon her. I thought something else might have happened to her as well and I wanted to make sure it hadn't."

• Love 1

Rayvenne shrugged off the apology. Luna wasn’t the kind to want to bring up painful memories to be cruel or spiteful. She knew that Luna had no idea about the circumstances surrounding the former witch's death. She twisted her reigns in her hand before she then said, “I imagine she might have liked you, too. But she died, some time ago when I was staying with her. We were attacked by bandits, and was killed by them. She has long since turned to dust. If there is a way to commune with the dead, then that information might be contained in her book. I can’t understand much of it; I only know a couple of extremely simple spells. It was all she was able to teach me.” She paused as she considered things for a moment. Almost reluctantly, she said, “I’ll let you look at her tome later. See if there is anything in it that would help you. You are free to try and contact her but… I would rather not. I’ve accepted that she’s gone, and I do not think it wise to toy with such things. You, who has never even spoken to them before, are in a much better position to avoid… complications. I do recommend, however, speaking to Raeghan. Not only was he her familiar, and thus tied to her in a manner of speaking, but he is especially good at being able to find the dead.”

She then turned her gaze towards the far mountains, lightly petting Maedoc’s mane. She really couldn’t blame Luna for wanting to talk to her old friend. Luna clearly thirsted for knowledge and Maed had been a very old, and very wise witch. She knew many things, although she was careful as to who she gave that knowledge to. Rayvenne had been truthful; she genuinely thought that Maed would have taken a shine to Luna. Luna seemed like the person that Maed would get along well with. She didn’t mind if Luna pursued the effort to communicate with Maed, then Rayvenne would not stop her. But she wouldn’t be a part of it, either.

• Love 1

Rayvenne was certainly right. Unless Maed had set some sort of preservation spell upon herself, she was more than likely gone by this point. Physically, at least. Of course she did want to meet Maed, to learn from her, but Rayvenne had already made peace with her passing. Bringing her back would be cruel. It might even be cruel to Maed herself! Luna didn't quite know what it was like to return from the dead, or what sort of things the spirits might experience. Speaking to Raeghan about those sort of things was a very good idea, as he was bound to have some insights, but perhaps it would be better to leave things as they were. Besides, what if she messed up? Who knows what sort of horrific things might happen then!

"Thank you. I shall take a look at it later, but I will let her rest."

Perhaps she would look more into such things if it ever became evident that Maed was not at rest, but until then she would suffice with the information she could gleam from the tome itself. Of course if she had delved into necromancy then it was entirely possible she'd been working on something for immortality as well. Perhaps Luna could learn something to help Rayvenne! Maybe even Raeghan if he wanted a more permanent fix for a Human form. Perhaps it might even have something in there about Dragons that could help them!

It is exciting to think about what possibilities exist within that book!

• Love 1

Having properly dealt with the brute guy, Izanagi made his way upstairs so he could pack his things. It was a good thing that he didn’t have very much to pack in the first place. One could say Izanagi lived a… minimalistic sort of lifestyle. Then again, that was partially due to the fact that the demon didn’t have much money with him in the first place. He also took his time to organize the room he had slept in a bit, not wanting to leave a mess behind for someone else to clean up. While he was working on that however, Odium decided to have a little chat *So, why didn’t you kill that big pile of muscles earlier?* the demon asked, causing Izanagi to sigh a bit before replying *The waitress said he was useful to have around. Plus, he didn’t strike me as an actual evil person. He simply seemed to be just… too much of an egomaniac for his own good.* Izanagi then took a quick trip to the restroom so he could fix his hair. Luckly, a bit of water was enough to deal with the problem. Once everything was done, he made his way back downstairs to meet up with Daedrin. “Sorry for the wait” he said as he approached his friend “I am good to go now”

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

(Sorry for the late reply D:)

Daedrin looked up as Izanagi returned to the main room, his bags packed and his hair fixed. He pushed himself up from the table with a slight smile, “No worries.” He assured his friend before he turned to Lucius, “I will see you when you arrive at Selil; I’ll get your armour fixed.” He said.

“Thank you, Daedrin. I hope you two travel safe, and it was nice to make your acquaintance, Izanagi.” Lucius said with a slight bow of his head, “Forgive me for not standing.”

“Don’t worry about it. It will take a few days for you to be well enough to ride. Don’t straight yourself too much, okay?” Daedrin warned him.

“I won’t.” Lucius promised, holding up a hand as if to ward off a blow as he gave Daedrin a slight grin.

“Grand.” Daedrin said, before he turned to Izanagi, “Right. We should go.” He said, before he lead the way out of the tavern and to the stables to the side where Daegrin was waiting rather impatiently. He stroked the neck of the impatient animal as he saddled him and got him prepped for riding. Once he was done, he turned to see if Izanagi was ready to get going.

Rayvenne pulled herself from her thoughts long enough to hear Luna’s comment. She nodded her head a little in thanks, relieved that Luna would not attempt to disturb Maed too much in her rest. It always seemed cruel to disturb the rested, wherever they may be. Maed had once attempted to explain it to her once, but she had been unable to understand much of what the other woman had said. It had sailed well over her head. She knew that speaking to the deceased was a service that Maed had offered to others however she would always warn her clients that their souls may no longer be available, or they may not wish to talk. Often, when asked where souls went, Maed would go quite and tell people that they really would not want to know. It was one of the few rare moments that Rayvenne had seen her serious, and thus she knew not to ever ask again. 

She glanced over at Luna, who’s bright eyes seemed completely lost in thought as if a million ideas were racing through her mind at once. Turning her head away, she decided to leave the young woman to her thoughts. She nudged Maedoc further along, taking up the frontal position once again so that she would be the first to encounter any potential threats. She glanced up and saw Raeghan circling above them, keeping an eye on any kind of danger around them. She lowered her eyes once again and continued moving down the well travelled road as the sun started to climb higher into the sky. As it began to reach its peak hours later, she once again rejoined Luna and asked, “Do you wish to stop for something to eat, or are you content to eat while we ride?” She herself was not bothered by either action, as she wasn’t particularly hungry herself. Her question was more for Luna’s benefit than hers or Raeghan’s, as the raven was very apt at being able to find his own food.

• Love 2

Once more Luna had succumbed to her thoughts. So many ideas swirled around within that head of hers'! Just as many questions as well! But they were often focused around little things. How to make a certain potion last longer, or become more potent, or what ingredients might be used as a substitute. Spells also were refined within her mind. Occasionally she'd lift her hands, moving them around to practice a few of the somantic components of certain spells.

Hours passed without her noticing. It really was good that she traveled with others, after all if she had been on her own then she would have been quite easy to ambush! Often this is how it went in such situations: she would simply be too preoccupied to notice even the most novice of bandit setups! But she was confident in her ability to handle most engagements when it came down to it, especially if she got a chance at doing so in a non-combative manner. Those were always the best endings.

"Huh?"

Rayvenne's words finally stirred her from her thoughts. It was at that moment that she noticed how much time had passed, prompting her to pop open a flask for a sip of water. "Oh! I hadn't even noticed the time! I don't mind taking a break. It might be good for Lucky! And for Raeghan. Right?"

With a smile she extended the flask, offering to toss it over should the woman be thirsty. Truth be told she wasn't too hungry, but having one's self topped off was always good! After all one never knew when something might cause them to run out of food. That was never a fun situation to be in.

• Love 1

• 1 month later...

Rayvenne shook her head in offer of the flask. She wasn’t in need of a drink at this moment; her body was very good at being able to retain water so she didn’t need to drink as much. She looked up to see Raeghan circling above them before she looked back over at Luna, “We’ll stop for Lucky’s benefit. Raeghan can keep flying all day if he wanted to.” She then pulled Maedoc off of the main rode and into the tall grass that swayed gently in the afternoon breeze. She dismounted, patting his neck with rough affection before she started collecting some dry wood that lay strewn in the grass where she started to build a campfire so that they could sit and wait while Lucky rested.

Raeghan fluttered down and landed down on Maedoc’s saddle, watching Rayvenne with a critical eye, “At this pace it won’t be until next year that you reach the mountains.”

Rayvana gave him a slightly irritated look, “Lucky is pulling the weight of a carriage. He needs to rest every now and again. He can’t keep going all day, unlike Maedoc.” 

Raeghan looked over his shoulder and looked at Lucky before ruffling his features with a huffing sound, but he didn’t press the issue further. Instead he launched himself in the air, flying back up to once again circle around them to keep an eye out for any potential ambushes or attacks. Once Rayvenne had set up the fire, she sat down before it with cross legs, enjoying the slight feeling of warmth that emanate from the dancing flames.

• Love 1

With the offer of a drink refused Luna popped the cap back onto her flask, tucking it away once more. She didn't mind taking a break for Lucky's benefit. Steering the wagon to follow Maedoc, Luna dismounted from her spot upon it as soon as they were comfortably settled within the tall grass. A carrot was retrieved and rewarded to the horse while she gently brushed a hand through his mane. They probably weren't going to stay for too long and so she kept him hooked up for the time being, after all one never knew when they might need to make a speedy escape!

"I apologize for taking longer than you might be used to."

What could she do to speed things up? Perhaps she could brew some sort of potion? But then she wouldn't want to risk Lucky's health. Maybe she could stable him in safe hands at the next stop? They could probably travel faster that way, right? But then she would worry about him getting lonely!

Once Lucky was fed his snack Luna made her way over, sitting near Rayvenne. "What do you think? Should I stable him at the next stop?" she asked, gaze locking upon the dancing flames set before them. Perhaps they had a better idea? It couldn't hurt to ask!

• Love 1

Rayvenne glanced up and towards the other woman as she made an apology for taking longer. To that, she shrugged and replied, “We’ll take as long as we take. Even without your wagon, Lucky is no match for Maedoc in terms of speed and stamina.” She threw another few twigs on the fire, listening as the fresh twigs popped and hissed softly. She watched the smoke rising slightly before she turned her attention back to Luna as the young bunny girl came and sat next to her and the warm fire. 

At Luna’s question, Rayvenne looked back at the fire and frowned in a thoughtful manner. She didn’t seem to answer for a few moments before she suddenly straightened and said, “There is no settlement between here and Enutpen’s Glory. Not unless you wish to detour to Ryn’tur. It’s all wilds from here to the mountains. The only structure nearby is the Library, but that is not a place you really want to go to.” She understood what Luna wanted to do, but unfortunately for her, there was no safe place that Lucky could be stabled. Certainly not with a huge wagon, as that was the main thing slowing Lucky down. 

• Love 1

Unfortunately that was true. Lucky was not a warhorse, nor was he built for speed. Of course she could perhaps try giving him some potions she'd crafted, but those were built for people. Would they even have the same effect on Lucky? Again, she would want to test it on other animals first. But that could come later.

"Oh. Really? I suppose if nothing else I could lock him and the wagon down in a secure place if we'd like."

Indeed, it wouldn't be the first time they'd need to go on a lockdown! She'd been caught in storms in the past. Luna had an entire procedure setup for this sort of thing! Of course there would need to be some adjustments to it, given how long Lucky would need to stay on his own, but those changes wouldn't be too difficult to make. In fact she even had what she needed on hand for it!

I'll need to pick up some ingredients later though. Who knows how long this might take! Wait. Maybe she does!

With a nod to herself she turned to face Rayvenne directly, reaching into her side pouch to whip out a sheet of parchment and a quill. "About how many days do you think it would take to get there and back? It would take some adjustments but I think I have enough stuff on hand to make it work."

• Love 1

At Luna’s initial suggestion, Rayvenne’s frown deepened. She didn’t think that there was anywhere that Lucky and the wagon could be securely kept, unless Luna decided to wrap them in spells. But that was energy and resource intensive and seemed an awful long way just to save a week or so of travel. She picked up a stick, twirling it around her delicate fingers before once again flicking it into the fire with unerring accuracy. She then looked back at Luna as the woman asked another question. Rayvenne thought for a moment before she shook her head slightly,

“If you mean to Ryn’tur, at least a week or so. There would honestly be no point. If you really wanted to put Lucky and your wagon somewhere safe, then it would be a better idea for us to turn around and return to Kalath and hire someone to look after them until we return. Then we could both ride on Maedoc and he would be able to get us there quite swiftly. That way, Lucky doesn’t have to spend too much time away from you.” She paused before adding, “At least, I assume he misses you when you’re gone. But yes, if you wanted to leave them somewhere secure, then Kalath would be the better place to go to.”

• Love 1

"Oh! Um, I meant to the mountain. I think if I hid the wagon well enough and locked it up tight then it should be safe! As for Lucky, I could try to make him smaller and bring him into the wagon. I'd have to leave out food and drink for him, but it should be okay if he is smaller!"

Of course it would also mean cleaning up a bit once she returned, but magic made that a quick, simple task. Then again she also knew that he didn't like being locked up inside the wagon, let alone being left alone. "I could also put him to sleep until we returned. Though that is risky since he wouldn't be able to eat or drink. I'd need to figure that out" mumbled the bunny, pondering through her options out loud. Of course she was already jotting down notes, trying to figure out how to address the issues she was now bringing up.

Right. Every time I did that we were together. It would be bad to just leave him alone, right? But I don't want to make them trek back either.

A worried frown materialized upon the rabbit's lips. "I'm sorry. Maybe we should have left him back there. I didn't really think this part through enough."

• Love 1

On 2/5/2021 at 1:52 PM, Neptune said:

Daedrin looked up as Izanagi returned to the main room, his bags packed and his hair fixed. He pushed himself up from the table with a slight smile, “No worries.” He assured his friend before he turned to Lucius, “I will see you when you arrive at Selil; I’ll get your armour fixed.” He said.

“Thank you, Daedrin. I hope you two travel safe, and it was nice to make your acquaintance, Izanagi.” Lucius said with a slight bow of his head, “Forgive me for not standing.”

“Don’t worry about it. It will take a few days for you to be well enough to ride. Don’t straight yourself too much, okay?” Daedrin warned him.

“I won’t.” Lucius promised, holding up a hand as if to ward off a blow as he gave Daedrin a slight grin.

“Grand.” Daedrin said, before he turned to Izanagi, “Right. We should go.” He said, before he lead the way out of the tavern and to the stables to the side where Daegrin was waiting rather impatiently. He stroked the neck of the impatient animal as he saddled him and got him prepped for riding. Once he was done, he turned to see if Izanagi was ready to get going.

(Sorry for the wait. ^^")

Izanagi remained mostly silent as Lucius and Daedrin said their goodbyes to each other. “Likewise Lucius. Take care of yourself.” he simply replied in his usual calm tone while nodding slightly at the man before both himself and Daedrin made their way to the stables. Lucky was waiting patiently there, she seemed to be rather calm and happy to be Izanagi again. “Hey there Lucky. Did you sleep well?” Izanagi asked, obviously not expecting an answer from the horse while gently rubbing her nose a little bit. After the slight gesture of affection, it didn’t take Izanagi very long to get ready. Soon, Lucky was saddled once again and Izanagi was riding her, ready to continue their travel to Selil. “Alright, let us keep going, shall we?” he simply said. *Be warned* Odium interrupted *I have a bad feeling.* After hearing this, Izanagi immediately focused his attention in the energies around them *What 's wrong? I can’t sense any sort of dangerous or angelical energy around.* he asked the demon *Me neither. I just… let’s just say it would be best to keep your eyes peeled* Izanagi nodded slightly. As they gained some distance from Hermitage, Izanagi decided it would be best to warn Daedrin about what Odium said “Daedrin, just so you know, Odium said he has a bad feeling. We should keep our eyes wide open” he spoke in a firm yet calm tone. 

• 5 weeks later...

Once his friend was ready, Daedrin led his companion out from the stable before settling himself in the saddle. He then nudged the huge aelda forwards, leading the way out of the town and on the road back towards Selil at a rolling canter. After the exciting night, it was nice to be back on the road. However when his friend came forward with a warning, he glanced around, opening his mind to everything around them but currently couldn’t sense anything, “Alright. I’ll keep alert.” He assured Izanagi before riding on throughout the day.

Towards the evening, he slowed Daegrin as he said, “We should set up camp for the night.” He pulled the huge animal off of the road towards a small wooded area. He dismounted and set about setting up the camp, making the fire and rolling out his bedroll. He then set about starting a stew with the dried meat that they had brought with them. Daedrin was glad that they were soon going to be arriving back to Selil, so that he could sleep in his own bed and hold his wife close.

Rayvenne shrugged the apology away, “I didn’t think of suggesting that he be left behind, either. So the fault is not entirely your own.” She told the bunny girl, looking over at Maedoc as the stallion pawed at the ground before he swung his head around to chew on a patch of grass. She then turned to look back at Luna, “I would rather not put Lucky at any kind of risk. Dragons can be tricky to find, so we don’t know how long we’re going to be up in the mountains for. We could be lucky and find one within a few days, or be unlucky and spend weeks travelling through the mountains to find one. So whether you put him to sleep, or lock him in the wagon, he will be at risk. The safest thing for us to do, is to quickly turn back and leave him at Kalath. At least you can be assured that there will be someone looking after him.”

She picked up another slim stick, snapping it in half and throwing it into the fire, watching as the fire flared for a moment, the fresh wood cracking and popping for a moment before it settled and burned as merrily as the rest of the firewood before she asked, “Do you have some kind of spell that would put Lucky into a magical stasis or some kind? That might be a good alternative.” She looked back up and over at Luna.

• Love 2

They were both in agreement on that front! She wouldn't dare put Lucky at undue risk! Of course she didn't really want to lose time either, but if that is what it took to protect him then she would. Rayvenne had a good point concerning their search as well. Not only would that be risky if she brought Lucky along but it'd be risky even if she left him behind on his own! Perhaps going back to a stables really was their only choice.

"Stasis?"

Actually that was a good question! Some sort of stasis spell could work! Holding up a finger she'd whip out her old tome, brushing quickly through it. She didn't remember any stasis spell, but perhaps she'd simply overlooked one. To be honest she was always more focused on the potions and tonics since they made her money. That and she could prepare them ahead of time.

After a few minutes of searching she set down the book, nodding a couple of times. "There is one in here. I've never tried it. I could always practice it while we get closer and then try to put him into stasis once we reach the base of the mountain." Of course if she got it wrong that could be pretty bad! Or if she couldn't pull it off. Then they would have wasted more time. Still, if it worked it'd certainly be their best option! That and she'd have a new defensive spell to utilize!

• Love 1

• 1 year later...

As Lucius sat in the empty tavern common room, with not even the barmaid in attendance, he was lost in his reverie. The quiet room's silence was a void and it seemed to stretch time to a point of breaking. The barkeep remained in his place, bustling about and busily doing nothing. 

Suddenly the front door swung open with a resounding thump. "Get off me, you old witch. I don't need your bloody herbs, I need whiskey." Came to a shout from outside, before a woman hobbled through the doorway.

Igrit Foebane halted briefly when her eyes met Lucius', he wasn't exactly what she'd expected and the fact that he was wounded caught her off guard. Her dark, wavy hair bounced as she stopped and then swayed as she turned her head about the dingy place and took in the quiet. She gave Lucius another look, but she felt no need to engage.

One of her long, shapely legs was bandaged from ankle to knee, with their pale cloth standing out against her tanned, dark skin. Her pert lips thinned to a pained grimace as she determinedly hobbled toward the bar and the surprised tavernkeeper. Behind a shuffling old woman, with hair so thick and unwashed it looked more like moss than hair and her wrinkled face was full of indignation and concern. "Igrit! You should still be in bed, you've barely had a chance to heal at all!" She cried, pursuing the younger woman.

"Yeah, yeah. You keep saying that, but if I spent another day in that musty old hut, I think I'd claw my hair out. You should open a window in that place." Igrit replied sardonically without looking at the old woman. 

She felt a little guilty about speaking to her that way, but if Falla had her way, Igrit had no doubt she'd be lying on her scratchy bed for the rest of the year. A single night had been enough. She finally reached the bar and groaned her way onto a rickety stool. "Something strong, in a large cup." She grunted at the barman, who chewed his mustache as his eyes flicked between Igrit and Dalla.

The old woman gave an exasperated nod and then leaned on the bar next to Igrit. "You could at least get me one." She muttered. 

"Ah. Well, that's true enough. Make that two, barman." Igrit replied before looking at Dalla and holding her gaze. "I don't mean to seem ungrateful, witch. Your help has been useful. But I'm not spending another hour in your house." For Igrit, these might have been considered 'kind words', but Igrit regretted them regardless. She wondered, not for the first time, why she struggled so much in making others feel at ease.

"Well, it's not as if it was a one-way street, girl. You saved me from that thing, so a little bandaging, a poultice, and some prayers to the spirits of the bog were the least I could offer. But if you keep thumping around on that leg, you'll open the wound again." Dalla said as her drink slid in front of her. 

Igrit lifted her own cup, sniffed it suspiciously, and then took a sip. Her nose wrinkled around the flavour, causing a cute furrow in her brow and sliding a sour expression across her heart-shaped face. "What is this crap?" She asked no one in particular. She thought she heard a chuckle from Lucius' table, but refused to look around at him. 

"It's Stahl. Fortifying and good for you, if you must know." Said the barman, a little offended at her reaction to a local specialty.

"Stahl? Well, it's strong enough at least." Igrit admitted grudgingly as she took a larger swallow of the bitter, but flavourful alcohol.

"Are you planning to take a room here," Dalla asked, after sipping her own.

"Probably. I assume you have rooms, barkeep? One with a clean bed and enough room to lay down in it?" 

The barman nodded sourly. 

"See, Dalla. Sorted. Now, are you going to tell me what that thing was? I've seen wolfmen before, even a Lycan, once. But that was neither." She asked, turning herself on the stool to lean her back against the bar and let out a small, satisfied sigh. Her flat stomach tensed as her leg complained at the motion, but she did her best to keep it from her face. The tight, strips of hide and leather that she wore about her well-formed chest were dirty and still stained with a little blood. She looked down at her skirt, layers of thick bear hide wrapped about her waist, with a canted hem. On one side it reached just above the knee and on the other only about a hand span down her muscular thigh. 

The primitive, but well-cared-for clothes were all she had now. Her pack had sunk into the bog while she'd fought the beast. She shuddered at the memory of it, remembering its stinking breath and the glistening, dripping gnash of its jaws as they'd snapped at her face.

Igrit shook off the feeling and looked at the old woman again. Dalla was lost in her thoughts, holding her cup in both hands and gently rolling it between her palms as she stared glassily down at it. "I don't know what that was, not really. It was something evil though I can tell you that much. Something wrong." 

Edited by LewdiKris
Story Change.
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...

armored boots stepped through the warehouse stopping just before the pool of blood there was something lying in it but the state of whoever they used to be makes him/her best left undescribed "who were they?" azure asked kneeling to get a better look "dock worker mam name of mishka alexsei coworkers went looking for them after they were over due for rollcall that was 2 days ago its only been an hour since they found him"  the city guard answered "any magic involved?" "we've found traces mam though not even close to the same level used in a spell" the victim looked to have been shredded by long claws of some sort no signs of struggle and curiously no tracks drops of blood or anything else that might indicate a direction the thing had taken after killing the man none of him was missing, that would seem to indicate what ever had done this was a who but azure had her doubts she'd seen somethings during her career but only one of them like this and the other case was not perpetrated by anything with a shread of empathy "clean this up notify next of kin if you haven't already" she stood up out leaving the warehouse making her way to a particular inn the knight steped inside looking for someone

Edited by yourmaid

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Read our Privacy Policy for more information.

Please Sign In or Sign Up