@Neptune Yay!! 🎆 I guess I'll try to get a post up ❤️

@Aurafox1 Oh my...>_>" That sounds like a very good idea then...I'll definitely keep that in mind. It's my first time writing a longish skellie on here and I thought the save was so nice that it'd be just fine doing this instead of my usual (ratchet) drafts in my email drafts XD

• Community Administrator

I've had nightmare situations with just normal threads. It's why I don't even write my roleplay posts within the text editor. I've had many frustrations over that kind of thing. I do, and keep my profiles on Google Docs, as well as a copy on my computer.

• Like 1

• Senior Staff
On 6/3/2018 at 6:51 AM, Neptune said:

The only character I have that can torture others like that is Devlyn, and he's further up north. Well, I suppose Yamura would as well, but she's with Devlyn. They will be making their way further south though but there's no telling how long that will be. Otherwise my other characters tend to be more helpful than nasty.

Sorry for the late response. ^^; Yeah, I think it would be okay for Natia to meet with a nice character like Rowan like you suggested, it could give them time perhaps to encounter someone else's character. Perhaps at some point she could be separated from Rowan by someone else's character who has more malicious intentions?

That's certainly possible. I mean, at the moment Rowan is currently travelling up north through Craethiel because his end-point is Vorserend, or around that area. It would give plenty of time for someone else's character to get into a position to play with Natia. I suppose the separation can be partially her fault, too. And it would be within character since she has form for it in her bio. Just every now and again she wonders off, looking for her people or a mate. In my mind, at least, it makes sense that it is something she would do, despite what happened to her. That way if she walks off and doesn't come back Rowan can assume she found what she was looking for. Thing is, Rowan might be nice but he's pretty pro-personal responsibility. He will warn her that going off on her own was dangerous, but if she decides to do it, whatever happens is her fault. 

• Like 1

• Senior Staff

Under the circumstances, I don't think she would wander far, but she would probably go for a stroll during the night, although it would be quite depressing for her without her magic. But I could easily write in some brooding moment where she goes out to just look st the night sky or something!

• Like 1

There isn't much Rowan would be able to do about her magic problem. He would know someone who might be able to help, but Rowan's not returning to Selil for a while. I like the idea of some brooding moments for her; it would be good for some character development with her. 

• Like 1

• Senior Staff

Of course, but it would certainly be comforting for someone in such a vulnerable position to be travelling with someone who would willingly keep her safe. She probably won't get any help regarding her collar for a while, if ever, but it will be important for her character to learn to fend for herself without her powers, too!

• Like 1

That it would be. Rowan would actually be a good person for that, since he knows a lot about self defence as well as surviving in Craethiel. She would no doubt pick up a few things just by observing him. Only a very few people are willing to travel alone because of how dangerous it is xD 

• Like 1

Yes. I've already done an initial post with Rowan. In my first post of the RP, I had Rowan leaving Selil. It's close to the bottom, just above Rayvenne's, so he's actually already in a good place to come across her, since he's travelling along the river.

• Like 1

I imagine it's mostly calm, especially when approaching the Ageon River. But up near the mountains, especially in the more rocky areas, there would be intense rapids because of the river flowing across all the rocks. But when coming to wind through the forest it would be calmer.

• Like 1

I hope you don't mind, @Aurafox1, I've put Rowan and Natia into a bit of a dangerous situation. I used a coin flipper to decide if it was a wolf howling, or a Hound. It was a Hound which means those two are in a bit of trouble. But then again, they're in the Rosayia Forest. It would be weird if they didn't have some kind of monster chasing them xD Just a question, are they on the North or South side of the river?

• Senior Staff

South side, isn't the forest only on the south side of that point of the river? I would imagine that if Rowan was headed north and Natia was being taken through the forest to Selil, they would have to have met at the end of the river after the Ildran and Adil rivers meet. You also did specify that Rowan crossed the river to avoid the Marshlands before meeting Natia, if I recall correctly, and judging from the map, it seems like the northern/western side of the Adil river is the more popular path for travel. 

Anyway, I don't mind the danger at all, in fact, it's more of an excuse for Natia to cling to Rowan for the time being xD

The main river that runs through Craehiel is the Ageon River. Maybe I need to mark that a bit clearer although it doesn't change your point in the slightest xP The Adil empties into the main Ageon River just before the large lake in the centre of the map. But the Ildran River runs straight through the Rosayia Forest which runs East along the Ageon River. So this meeting point of the two rivers is still within the forest bounds. In the middle between North/South in fact xD But really I wanted to know if it they were on the South or North which would determine how they can escape the Hounds. They can swim across the river. It will throw off scent, although Hounds originally were human so they're not exactly stupid. 

I also figured a little bit of danger would spice things up a little.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Aura I had a couple of thoughts...

The first being more for a moment of amusement for us, spurred by your recent post. In the town they go to, someone mistakes Natia for a slave and starts trying to make a move but Rowan steps in and basically pretends that she's his slave, just to get the guy off her back. 

The second being a solution to their travelling problem. Due to later plots, Rowan was going to come into possession of Baellator, who is essentially a War Horse. I say 'essentially' since he's one of the Eldyrannth bred horses of which a few of them live in the Rosayia Forest. At the moment, I have no way for the two to meet, but this could provide a good opportunity plus it suits hers and Natia's needs. Plus it would be good for some potential future trouble the two might have (by which I mean, I'm planning it lol). I'll do a beastiary post with some information about them.

• Like 1

• Senior Staff

Both of those ideas sound great! I was actually thinking that, if nobody decides to have their character abduct Natia, that she could end up becoming one of Rowan's willing slaves by the end of their journey as well.

Having her being mistaken as a slave and Rowan claiming her as his might even build some sexual tension between the two~

As for the horse, that would be pretty convenient. I'll have to wait and see the horse's description, but I'm sure Natia could be of assistance in taming the creature assuming it's anything like a normal horse.

• Like 1

I'm alright with that if she doesn't get abducted and forced into it anyway xD

That would be highly amusing xD It would be an absolute torture for poor Rowan since he's usually quite promiscuous. 

No they aren't like normal horses. They're a lot more intelligent, and some of the types of these horses (Aelda I call them) are akin to unicorns and pegasus. But with non-Eldyrannth, they're extremely skittish. Rowan is partial Eldyrannth (although he doesn't know it) so Baellator will be receptive of him, but not of Natia. So she will still need to calm/tame it so that it's friendly towards her as well.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Read our Privacy Policy for more information.

Please Sign In or Sign Up