GM Angel's Pathfinder character discussion thread

More random stuff about Gods; Demigods are fully represented in the pathfinder rules but once you reach Lesser Deity status you kinda become rule less like how Pathfinder generally deals with deities. At this point you are fully a Divine spirit, basically a formless, shape shifting at will, ball of incredible power whos merest thought can alter realty. Creatures can resist these reality altering powers by Will alone but it is incredible difficult. The Will save DC to resist a Deity's Alter Reality is as follows;

Lesser Deity: 45

Intermediate: 50

Greater Deity: 55

Elder Deity: 60

Supreme Deity: 65

It is essentially impossible to stand up to the Gods except by the greatest of epic level heroes. However the plan is for you yourselves to eventually become Gods if everything works out and you don't get totally splated by one of the villains at some point,

However Gods can be physically fought after a fashion as each God has an Avatar that interacts with the world in the normal rules way. These Avatars can be slain and while it doesn't effect the God directly it is a slap in their face. A slain Avatar will be recreated by the Deity after a mere ten years but it is still fun to shit in a God's cheerios. If/when the players become Gods they will use their PCs as their Avatars, with a bunch of Divine upgrades and powers of course.

20 minutes ago, JennyDK said:

Sure. I think I will remember and it is not like it's a huge and important part anyway ^^ Sooooo...did we assure everyone a level? xD

You did, +2 levels to be exact, who says the only way to gain xp is by violently beating on people, sexy stuff can learn you a thing or two too. 😃

• Thanks 1
  • Woohoo 1

Also Burnt Offerings, the first Rise of the Runelords adventures, begins at the festival in a week. If you play this adventure and beat it that is another milestone despite you being ludicrously over leveled. Essentially any official adventure I put before you will gain you either a level or a Mythic trial completion (when we get to that) when you complete it.

Just now, GM Angel said:

I'm assuming Balthier and Isabella's retinue characters will fuck in some way when they get around to posting. If not it's cool you guys have earned the achievement in spirit.

1 minute ago, PsychoSexual said:

The cleric and one of the girls from Kazumi's retinue are also doing it they just haven't made many posts about it.

• Like 1

So, with Black Crusade having fallen into torpor, the Ruinous Powers have whispered there is room here for a new face.

If that is, in fact, true, having given the characters the once over, here's my initial character concept:

Gladiator who has won his freedom and started his own ludus. Most days the doctore runs the training while I am otherwise engaged.

Thoughts?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WritesNaughtyStories said:

So, with Black Crusade having fallen into torpor, the Ruinous Powers have whispered there is room here for a new face.

If that is, in fact, true, having given the characters the once over, here's my initial character concept:

Gladiator who has won his freedom and started his own ludus. Most days the doctore runs the training while I am otherwise engaged.

Thoughts?

You are welcome to it, but I will say we have no one that can use level 7, 8, 9 divine spells.

8 minutes ago, PsychoSexual said:

You are welcome to it, but I will say we have no one that can use level 7, 8, 9 divine spells.

Spell casting is heresy is for people who can't fight. If you can't kill it with steel you're just not very good at it.

Wiseass snarking aside, I'm not much inclined to spellcasting at all and much less so divine spell casting. Can't think of a good compromise between a finesse fighter and a divine spellcaster - beyond priest of a god of gladiators or something. I can probably hammer that basic into something but it's going to look like, well, it got beat into shape with a hammer.

• Love 1

1 minute ago, WritesNaughtyStories said:

Spell casting is heresy is for people who can't fight. If you can't kill it with steel you're just not very good at it.

Wiseass snarking aside, I'm not much inclined to spellcasting at all and much less so divine spell casting. Can't think of a good compromise between a finesse fighter and a divine spellcaster - beyond priest of a god of gladiators or something. I can probably hammer that basic into something but it's going to look like, well, it got beat into shape with a hammer.

Then do the Gladiator but I assure you, my character is proof how wrong your characters position is.

4 hours ago, GM Angel said:

More random stuff about Gods; Demigods are fully represented in the pathfinder rules but once you reach Lesser Deity status you kinda become rule less like how Pathfinder generally deals with deities. At this point you are fully a Divine spirit, basically a formless, shape shifting at will, ball of incredible power whos merest thought can alter realty. Creatures can resist these reality altering powers by Will alone but it is incredible difficult. The Will save DC to resist a Deity's Alter Reality is as follows;

Lesser Deity: 45

Intermediate: 50

Greater Deity: 55

Elder Deity: 60

Supreme Deity: 65

It is essentially impossible to stand up to the Gods except by the greatest of epic level heroes. However the plan is for you yourselves to eventually become Gods if everything works out and you don't get totally splated by one of the villains at some point,

However Gods can be physically fought after a fashion as each God has an Avatar that interacts with the world in the normal rules way. These Avatars can be slain and while it doesn't effect the God directly it is a slap in their face. A slain Avatar will be recreated by the Deity after a mere ten years but it is still fun to shit in a God's cheerios. If/when the players become Gods they will use their PCs as their Avatars, with a bunch of Divine upgrades and powers of course.

I have to work on my saves!

The system is built in such a way that with the proper mechanical approach almost any character class is viable. As a long time Champions GM, believe me I can min-max with the best of them. Combat efficacy does not, necessarily, translate to fun to play or interesting to watch.

• Like 1