• Senior Staff

Yeah, I'm rewriting it in Notepad, but I really don't like the fact that I have to do that. It works, but it feels like a makeshift fix. I would much prefer to just write it out in a thread where I can keep the formatting as I write. I'm just not a fan of this whole image description thing.

• Senior Staff

Well, I've finally created the bio for Sophia's little sister~ I'm not quite sure how I'll introduce her into the story, I suppose discussion on that will come soon enough. I think it would be interesting for Sophia and Alez to interact and have no idea who each other is for a while only to find out later and have a really sweet (or bittersweet?) reuniting!

• Community Administrator

You can also take advantage of the Sandbox forum to write the Character ID in (Only you and staff can see what you posted). In fact that's one of the very reasons that forum exists. That way you can make sure that the formatting is absolutely perfect before you copy and paste it into the image description because the Sandbox is still the same forum software thus meaning the formatting is compatible. This is why I recommend that you have the profile done before you post up your character. Because even in the main forums, sometimes the auto-save feature does not work. And that's not even including an internet hiccup. The Gallery can be a bit temperomental like that. This is why I work on my profiles off site rather than on site.

• Senior Staff

My frustration came more from the fact that the thing crapped out on me while rewriting in the gallery the second time. I'm just not a fan of working with the formatting tools that thing gives me, but I suppose next time I make a character I can try to use the sandbox thread! Sorry if I came off as a bit of an asshat lol

• Community Administrator

I can understand the frustration. The problem is, these issues can appear in normal forum posts, too. You would not believe the amount of frustration I've had over the years. So many lost posts D: 

It's why I now use Google Docs and put it into Notepad++ before moving it to the site. For anything, forum post or gallery description. It also lets me far more easily save work and come back later. I suppose you can use the Sandbox forum for the same function... except with that the formatting would be compatible elsewhere on the site lol I really do recommend using the Sandbox, no matter how the Character ID is done as a 'better to be safe than sorry'.

• Senior Staff

I've had my fair share of lost forum posts over the years, too >.< I dunno though, something about the gallery thing just feels especially finicky to me. Like, what was up with the issue where it just stopped letting me use the enter key and randomly pasted "null" instead of what I had in my clipboard? (I pasted it into a notepad and it worked fine there.)

Then there's the weird spacing issue where sometimes it seems to add like twice as much space between lines for seemingly no reason.

Edited by Aurafox1

• Senior Staff

Will do, anyway, enough about that. As for Alez herself, I'm excited to play around with her character. As I wrote her bio, I started to rethink some things about what I had planned for the NPC's she's surrounded by. I was originally thinking Caelisia would just be a generic motherly role, but the more I wrote her, the more interested I became in the idea that I might could do something more interesting with her character...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Read our Privacy Policy for more information.

Please Sign In or Sign Up