• Senior Staff
7 hours ago, Neptune said:

Rowan noticed that she didn’t immediately answer his question, as a flicker of uncertainty went through her eyes. But she didn’t immediately reject his subtle suggestion, which meant that she was tempted by it at the very least. But he didn’t press the issue, because the last thing he wanted to do was pressure her into something she ultimately didn’t want. He knew well enough that most species were very closed up about sex, unlike his own. He had interacted with them enough, since his father often sent him out to be his representative because the old bastard was too fat and lazy to do it himself, a fact that the old King admitted freely. So Rowan knew that there were certain boundaries that one didn’t tend to cross, especially if Natia was as innocent about such things as he figured she was. He was brought from his thoughts when he felt Natia tug on his arm, telling him that he needed rest. He rolled his eyes slightly, the manner so similar to his dead mother that he couldn’t help a soft chuckle almost wistfully at the thought of his long dead mother. Someone who he had not thought of in a long time. Perhaps Natia was right, he was more tired than he realised. So he allowed her to pull him further into the clearing and to sit him down.

He tilted his head up at her, seeing the thoughtful look in her eyes as she bit her lip. That caused him to look away again, finding the action almost irresistible and it took his every ounce of effort not to pounce on her there and then. He cleared his throat slightly, “That might be a good idea. Some wood for a fire would be nice. It should be safe enough for one and a herbal tea sounds nice right now.” He said, picking up a dry branch from where it rested beside him. Easily, he snapped it in two with the use of his knee. He then inspected it, trying to keep his mind off of Natia, and saw that it was quite dry. It meant that the smoke wasn’t going to be too thick, which would be a good thing just in case there was anyone nearby. He didn’t really want random strangers to suddenly appear, especially slavers. They would take one look at Natia and try to go for her. His hand gripped the branch, angry at that thought. He threw the two pieces of branches down in front of him before glancing around and spotting another which he picked up and broke down to a more suitable size. 

As Natia returned her attention to digging out the materials necessary to cook, she frowned a bit, recalling that she really had no idea how to make something like tea. Perhaps offering to get the food was a bit of a mistake on her part. She was relieved that Rowan was at least sitting down to rest, though. Perhaps he could still help her to set up the fire and start preparing the food. She decided to prioritize the wood, first and went off into the shrubbery in order to search for some. She was careful not to wander too far off and came back a few minutes later with an armful of sticks and twigs. As she stepped closer, however, she noticed the way he angrily tossed some wood away and couldn't help but feel concerned. She'd noticed that, since she seemed to have dodged what was on his mind, he seemed to be somewhat distant. It had only been a couple of minutes, of course, but she didn't want to bother him for even a second. She carefully set the wood she'd collected down and sat up close to Rowan, nudging her head under his arm so that it was draped around her shoulders and looked up at him with an innocent, concerned glow in her eyes.  "Are you okay...?" She asked with a soft voice. "Is something on your mind? You seem bothered." She wasn't sure if it was her own behavior that caused this response from him, or if he had simply been reminded of something, but the only way for her to know is to ask. If she didn't get an answer, she'd likely be left feeling worried that she'd made the wrong decision by ruining the mood they'd built together... 

• Love 1

On 9/18/2018 at 9:10 AM, Neptune said:

Daedrin nodded in acceptance of the man's word, “Good. I am also quite knowledgeable about herbs that can be useful for either food or medicine. I’ll just put this in the front hallway, then I’ll go and get the rest of the supplies like bedrolls. It would be easier if you waited with them. I shouldn’t be too long.” Daedrin said, picking up the saddlebags once again before he left the kitchen and made his way back to the front hall. He put the saddlebags down carefully, not even glancing at Izanagi as he walked off again, disappearing through a door into another hallway which had several doors. He opened one that went down into a cold stone basement. It was dark, but he could see perfectly and didn’t even bother with a candle. He went over to a number of crates that usually held the camping equipment, opening them up to inspect the items. A few of them were rather threadbare and clearly nibbled at by rats. However he was able to find a couple in good and clean condition, so he hoisted them up and carried them upstairs where he put them down in the hallway for the moment. He moved further down the corridor, before entering into an armory which was well stocked with a wide range of weapons and armour. There was even a full set of steel Knight armour, kept in a pristine condition, a gift from the Keza King. 

Daedrin was here for just one item, though. He moved over to a locked cabinet, slipping out a key from his pocket and unlocking it. He lifted the cabinet lid to reveal a sword resting on the velvety cushion inside. The blade was silvery in colour, but had a ripple pattern to it with darker pieces of metal, a common sign that it was Damascus. There was a subtle groove down the centre, indicating where the fuller of the blade was. It was a shade darker, looking stronger than the edge or point of the weapon. Within this groove where several elegant runes of Ancient Eldyrannthian, which he knew that no one but he and his wife could read. The cross guard was ornate looking, the silvery metal accented with intricate patterns of gold with a light purple crystal embedded in one side of the guard which hummed with a subtle power, while there was an Azure coloured crystal on the opposite side. The grip was wrapped in a black leather, looking strong and well looked after despite some obvious signs of use. The pommel of the sword was an orange crystal that was securely wrapped with a silvery metal that kept it firmly in place. Lying beside the sword, was a scabbard made from a brown leather. He wrapped his fingers around the grip of the sword and lifted the light blade up, feeling his connected with the crystals. He knew he shouldn’t be going out with this weapon, but he couldn’t help it. Izanagi was clearly used to strange, magical weapons and Daedrin doubted he would recognise an Eldyrannthian weapon if it smacked him in the face. Besides, the weapon had been a gift from his father, and he knew that it would be able to easily take care of the monsters inside of that damned forest. He picked up the scabbard before sliding the blade, which easily slid home, so that the strange blade was hidden from view. Daedrin tied the sword to his left hip before he left the armoury and went back to the front foyer, picking up the bedrolls as he did so, “That should be everything.” He said

I found Deadrin's words to be quite reassuring, it was good to know that we had options in case of emergency, I wasn't exactly worried before, but I was more than willing to accept anything that would increase our chances of success. I simply nodded at Deadrin's suggestion and followed him from the kitchen to the front hall, once the saddlebags were placed on the ground and the man who was carrying them had disappeared from my sight once again, I decided to simply sit on the ground beside the bags while waiting for him to return. 

Not long later, Deadrin had returned with the bedrolls in hand and a unknown item in his hip, with I immediately assumed to be a sword, even though it seemed to be different from anything I've ever seen, mainly due to the strange crystal in the pommel, but I wasn't going to question him about it. I quickly got up and lifted the saddlebags with my hands "Alright, looks like we are set then" I said in a calm tone

• Like 1

Liva smiled, seeing Rayvenne didn't have a negative reaction to her answer. She watched the bird go off with a look of wonder, seeing how obedient he was, knowing what to do without a word have even been said. They must've been together a while, she thought, as they seemed to have a close relationship, seeing how the woman treated him. 

She nodded to Rayvenne's next statement, walking beside the woman who was already sitting on the steed's back and placed her bag inside of the pouch. The silver-haired woman then proceeded to push up on the horse, imitating the actions she saw Rayvenne doing, to the best of her ability. She swung her right leg to the other side of Maedoc, after a brief moment of hesitation, almost slipping in the process. Managing to get on comfortably after a couple moments of awkward struggling to her right, she blushed with slight embarrassment. "Sorry that took a moment, I'll try and be a little quicker about it in the future," she uttered with a hopeful look, knowing that she had been a bit slow about getting on.

• Like 1

• Community Administrator

So deep in his thoughts, Rowan wasn’t paying any attention to Natia or what she was doing. He was just picking up any branches close by and snapping them down to size so that they could make a good fire to keep themselves warm while they slept. He jumped a little when he felt Natia worm herself into his arms, and he grimaced, cursing his inattention. That was the quickest way to get himself killed. He was usually careful to be so aware of his environment that no one could sneak up on him un-announced. And yet here Natia was, not only getting close to him but squirming into his arms. If she had been an enemy, he would likely be dead right now. Instead, he got a bright eyed, innocent Natia, looking up at him with her concern clear in her eyes. He reached up with his free arm and ruffled his hair slightly before he then smiled at her, “I’m alright. I was just deep in my thoughts. My mind was wandering and it decided to touch on the thoughts of slavers, the kind that had you. It just angered me, that’s all.” He hugged her a little closer and, without thinking, leaned down to kiss her forehead affectionately. He pulled his lips away and smiled at her again, 

“There’s no need to worry, honest.” He told her, now ruffling her hair. When he lifted his hand, he couldn’t help but to snicker as the ruffle had messed up her hair a little bit. He returned his hand to her hair, using his fingers to shift and move strands of hair until it was neatened once again. Once that was done, he decided to shift the subject. He looked at the pile of wood that she had collected, which looked as dry as the ones he had collected from closeby, “That’s a good amount of firewood. My flint and tinder should be in the saddlebag, along with the food. Baellator should be just outside of the clearing… probably eating some grass himself.” He told her as he leaned forwards and began to better arrange the wood so that they could get a good fire going. He picked up some stones that were hiding under the bushes nearby and placed them close to the fire so that it wouldn’t easily come apart and spread about. That’s the last thing that they wanted, especially if they were going to be going to sleep.

Daedrin smiled slightly when Izanagi picked up the saddlebags for him which would make things easier for him. He hefted the bedrolls a little higher and said quietly, “Let’s go then.” He moved out of the front door, leaving the door open for his guest. Instead of going out of the front gate, he turned left and moved down a path that wound its way around the side of the house. When they moved past the bend in the path, they saw a large stable, with the stable doors closed. There was a gate that would allow any horses to leave the property however it was currently closed as there was no use for it being open. Daedrin walked up to the stable, gripping onto the handle and pulling it open before stepping inside the large, vaulted room.

There were only two horseboxes, for the two large horses that were inside of them. The gates to each box was open, allowing the animals free reign of the place, however they were both inside happily eating some hay. But at his entrance, the two turned and stepped out before moving over to him with a whinny of greeting. One of the horses was pitch black in colour, his hooves, mane and tail the same dark colour. He somewhat resembled a Shire horse with the feathering that covered his hooves however his body and head shape was different. He was a massive horses, standing at eighteen hands tall and his neck was curved somewhat proudly. The other was almost identical except for the fact that their coat was white in colour, looking like freshly fallen snow. With both, their eyes gleamed with intelligence as they nuzzled at their master. Daedrin smiled at the two, reaching up to stroke the two of them down their long noses before he petted the black one, “Right, Daegrin my friend, we’re going on an adventure.” He said. The white horse let out a sound of disappointment, causing Daedrin to pet her on her strong neck, “Maybe next time.” He told her softly. 

Daedrin put down the bedrolls, before he turned his head to look at Izanagi. He put his hand on Daegrin’s proudly curved neck, “Izanagi, this is my horse Daegrin.” He said. It wasn’t strictly true, as Daegrin was an Aelda rather than an actual horse, but the species were so similar that most humans couldn’t tell the difference. He found it easier to just pass Daegrin off as a horse instead of having to explain not only what an Aelda was, but how he got his hands on one since they rarely revealed themselves to humans let alone allow themselves to be captured. They were too intelligent for that, and even though there were some running wild in the forest, only Eldyrannth were able to get close enough to touch them. For Daegrin and his companion though, they had consented to stay with Daedrin and Erickavana, happy to be around humans and to act like mindless horses.

Rayvenne carefully watched Liva as the woman stepped closer, putting her bag inside of the pouch so that it was safe from harm. The dark haired watched as Liva rather clumsily imitated her actions earlier, and she half turned in the saddle just in case she needed to grab onto her to stop her from pitching over onto the other side. A common mistake with new riders, and one that admittedly had happened to Rayvenne once when she had first started to learn how to ride. But it seemed like Liva managed to have a hold of herself, and she nodded slightly in an approving fashion. She turned back around and said, “You’re better than most fresh riders, that’s for sure. You actually got up on your first try.” She wasn’t going to admit her own faults when she had been much younger. Instead, she said, “You can either hang onto my belt, or my waist. Because we’re going to be moving.” 

She nudged Maedoc slightly with her heels, causing him to snort excitedly as he started off at a slow walk so that Liva could get comfortable with riding. Despite her rather stand-offish exterior that held people at arm's length, Rayvenne was hardly a cruel woman. She refused to allow herself to become like those that had hurt her in the past, so despite her impatience, she would move at a slower pace. Her dark eyes looked out before them at the large imposing oak trees that surrounded them, their branches twisting off from the main trunk before splitting further. As the leaves shifted slightly in the wind, the sunlight glittered through, the light shifting and dancing along with the movement of the leaves. Despite not being alone, Rayvenne felt a measure of peace as she enjoyed being out in the wilderness. The only measures that nature judged you on was your cunning and strength, qualities that she had in spades. Nature did not look upon her with hard, suspicious eyes that made her feel cold and alone. A rare smile curved on her lips, hidden from Liva as she looked ahead again, enjoying the peace of the day.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Neptune said:

Daedrin smiled slightly when Izanagi picked up the saddlebags for him which would make things easier for him. He hefted the bedrolls a little higher and said quietly, “Let’s go then.” He moved out of the front door, leaving the door open for his guest. Instead of going out of the front gate, he turned left and moved down a path that wound its way around the side of the house. When they moved past the bend in the path, they saw a large stable, with the stable doors closed. There was a gate that would allow any horses to leave the property however it was currently closed as there was no use for it being open. Daedrin walked up to the stable, gripping onto the handle and pulling it open before stepping inside the large, vaulted room.

There were only two horseboxes, for the two large horses that were inside of them. The gates to each box was open, allowing the animals free reign of the place, however they were both inside happily eating some hay. But at his entrance, the two turned and stepped out before moving over to him with a whinny of greeting. One of the horses was pitch black in colour, his hooves, mane and tail the same dark colour. He somewhat resembled a Shire horse with the feathering that covered his hooves however his body and head shape was different. He was a massive horses, standing at eighteen hands tall and his neck was curved somewhat proudly. The other was almost identical except for the fact that their coat was white in colour, looking like freshly fallen snow. With both, their eyes gleamed with intelligence as they nuzzled at their master. Daedrin smiled at the two, reaching up to stroke the two of them down their long noses before he petted the black one, “Right, Daegrin my friend, we’re going on an adventure.” He said. The white horse let out a sound of disappointment, causing Daedrin to pet her on her strong neck, “Maybe next time.” He told her softly. 

Daedrin put down the bedrolls, before he turned his head to look at Izanagi. He put his hand on Daegrin’s proudly curved neck, “Izanagi, this is my horse Daegrin.” He said. It wasn’t strictly true, as Daegrin was an Aelda rather than an actual horse, but the species were so similar that most humans couldn’t tell the difference. He found it easier to just pass Daegrin off as a horse instead of having to explain not only what an Aelda was, but how he got his hands on one since they rarely revealed themselves to humans let alone allow themselves to be captured. They were too intelligent for that, and even though there were some running wild in the forest, only Eldyrannth were able to get close enough to touch them. For Daegrin and his companion though, they had consented to stay with Daedrin and Erickavana, happy to be around humans and to act like mindless horses.

I nodded quietly in response to Deadrin's comment and followed him out of the house, placing one of the saddlebags on the ground for a brief moment so I could have an easier time closing the door behind me once we were both outside. With that out of the way, I picked up the saddlebag that was on the ground once again and continued to follow the house owner through the area.

It didn't take me long to notice that we were not heading to the front gate from which we came when arrived here, once again I found myself curious about what was coming next. At the very moment that I saw the stable I felt as if my memory had just clicked, I had completely forgotten about that part, probably due to all the recent nervousness of being someone's guest after so many years traveling around by myself *Oh right, I had forgotten about the horses* I thought carefreely *Heh dumbass* responded Odium, of course he wasn't going to waste a chance to mock me, but I was already used to it at this point *Oh shut up* I responded, not really minding him. I waited until you had opened the gate before walking in right behind you.

It was really surprising to see the way that the two horses behaved, even though they clearly had the option to freely walk around, they chose to stay within the horseboxes and not only that, but once they noticed Deadrin's presence they quickly turned around to greet him, it reminded me a bit of soldiers greeting a general or something like that, but way less formal. I blinked a few times in confusion after seeing you talking with one of the animals, I knew that some people can get really attached to their pets, but that was a bit too much in my opinion *I can't possibly be the only one here that thinks it is weird to talk to a horse* commented Odium in a indignant tone *Well, he must really like them I suppose...* to add insult to injury the animals seemed to understand and even respond accordingly.

My train of thought was interrupted by Dreadrin presenting the horse to me, I placed the saddlebags on the ground for a brief moment and began to chanel a little bit of my energy on my back, creating a small attraction force, I then proceeded to place the katana that I had been holding with my right hand all along in that area, as result the weapon stayed there and my hands were free once more, I stretched one my arms a little in the direction of the horse in front of me, as if I was going to pet it, but half way through I hesitated and decided against it, simply replying in a polite tone "Nice to meet you Deagrin" I smiled 

• Love 1

• Senior Staff
On 9/20/2018 at 8:21 AM, Neptune said:

So deep in his thoughts, Rowan wasn’t paying any attention to Natia or what she was doing. He was just picking up any branches close by and snapping them down to size so that they could make a good fire to keep themselves warm while they slept. He jumped a little when he felt Natia worm herself into his arms, and he grimaced, cursing his inattention. That was the quickest way to get himself killed. He was usually careful to be so aware of his environment that no one could sneak up on him un-announced. And yet here Natia was, not only getting close to him but squirming into his arms. If she had been an enemy, he would likely be dead right now. Instead, he got a bright eyed, innocent Natia, looking up at him with her concern clear in her eyes. He reached up with his free arm and ruffled his hair slightly before he then smiled at her, “I’m alright. I was just deep in my thoughts. My mind was wandering and it decided to touch on the thoughts of slavers, the kind that had you. It just angered me, that’s all.” He hugged her a little closer and, without thinking, leaned down to kiss her forehead affectionately. He pulled his lips away and smiled at her again, 

“There’s no need to worry, honest.” He told her, now ruffling her hair. When he lifted his hand, he couldn’t help but to snicker as the ruffle had messed up her hair a little bit. He returned his hand to her hair, using his fingers to shift and move strands of hair until it was neatened once again. Once that was done, he decided to shift the subject. He looked at the pile of wood that she had collected, which looked as dry as the ones he had collected from closeby, “That’s a good amount of firewood. My flint and tinder should be in the saddlebag, along with the food. Baellator should be just outside of the clearing… probably eating some grass himself.” He told her as he leaned forwards and began to better arrange the wood so that they could get a good fire going. He picked up some stones that were hiding under the bushes nearby and placed them close to the fire so that it wouldn’t easily come apart and spread about. That’s the last thing that they wanted, especially if they were going to be going to sleep.

Natia felt nothing but comfort in the arms of her escort. Especially as he explained what was on his mind to her, so openly. No secrets. It wasn't fair for her to hold back her own thoughts when he was so open and transparent with her.  "Yeah, those people were really scary..." She shuddered, recalling the taunting and teasing she'd experienced, the terror she experienced in the back of that wagon and the helplessness she felt walking down the river naked and shackled with no food... "But, in a way, I suppose it was thanks to the monsters of the forest that I was able to escape. And, while I went through a horrible time then, I'm kind of glad it led to our paths crossing..." She smiled and snuggled up closer to Rowan. "So, in a way, I guess I'm kind of glad it happened." 

As Rowan told her about the materials in the saddlebag, something about the idea of getting Baellator's attention got her thinking... The horse had obviously gone out of its way to give the two of them privacy. If they were going to be intimate, now would be the time... She was sure there would be other opportunities like this, but after what had happened to her in the blink of an eye, she honestly couldn't just assume she would even get another chance to talk. She bit her lip again in thought, touching her fingertips to her collar.  "Um... Rowan... can I ask you something...?" It was a heavy question that she was honestly quite nervous what the response would be  "You would still care for me... even if I never got my powers back... right? If even after all of this effort to remove this collar, I still wouldn't have my gift and remained useless to you?" 

"There are... things... on my mind... shameful things that may anger Goddess Cera if I act on them..." She looked down at her knees in silence for a few seconds.  "She may revoke my gift as punishment. I may never be able to use my magic again..."

• Love 1

When Natia shuddered, Rowan couldn’t help but to hold her closer, mentally berating himself for reminding her of them. He was sure that they were the last people that she wanted to think about right now. At her second comment, Rowan couldn’t help but to chuckle softly in amusement, “I suppose there’s always a silver lining.” He commented, because in a way it was true. Despite all the terrifying experiences she had in the forest, it had lead to them meeting one another and not only would Rowan refuse to hurt her, or use her for his own means, he was adamant in protecting her. He continued to run his fingers through her soft hair, comforting both her and himself, reassuring himself that she was alright.

When she asked if she could ask him something, he tilted his head down towards her, an eyebrow arching slightly as his golden eyes glittered with curiosity. He remained silent as she spoke, his other eyebrow raising to join its mate. When she had finished, he remained silent for a few moments, not entirely sure how he could articulate himself. Using his grip on her to his advantage, he suddenly pulled her onto his lap, wrapping his arms around her and pulling her close as he cuddled her closely, nuzzling against her hair, “Natia… I’ve never known you with your powers. Despite what many people might think about me, I’m not shallow. I like you, for who you are, and you’re not useless to me. Far from it. You’re a comfort to have around, someone I can talk to… that conversation we have in the cave was stimulating. There aren’t many people that I can have that kind of discussion with. You’re not only beautiful, but you’re smart too. You’re kind, and generous, not to mention incredibly sweet. You’ve wormed yourself into my heart and you’re showing no signs of leaving.” Rowan grinned at her, his golden eyes shining with his intense sincerity, as he hoped that Natia would believe every word he was speaking. He then continued, “I don’t think I could comment on your Goddess… I don’t know her, nor what she is like. But surely, if your shameful thoughts don’t harm anyone… then what would be the problem? Why can’t you do what makes you happy as long as you’re not making anyone else suffer as a result?” He asked.

Daedrin watched as Izanagi somewhat awkwardly greeted the Aelda. Daegrin snorted softly, stretching his snout out to sniff at the man before pulling back and giving Daedrin a look. He smiled slightly, patting the horse on the neck and murmured softly, “Don’t worry about it…” Daegrin snorted again, shaking his head slightly before turning his head to watch the stranger. Daedrin shook his head slightly before putting a hand on Daegrin’s neck and gently guiding him over to one side of the barn where the saddles and bridles were. The other Aelda turned and returned back into her horse box to return to her food. Daedrin picked up a grooming brush, stroking Daegrin’s neck before he ran the brush over his coarse black fur, making sure that it was properly brushed before he put it back. He then picked up the saddle blanket which was soft underneath and was a black material on top. He threw it over Daegrin’s back, shifting it slightly so that it sat perfectly on his back without being too far forwards, nor too far back. 

He then turned and picked up a saddle which was made from good quality leather, dyed a deep black colour. The actual seat itself was specially padded making it extremely comfortable to sit in. Daedrin returned to Daegrin who was patiently waiting, before throwing the saddle over the Aelda’s back. He settled it into place, making sure that nothing was tangled up underneath. Once it was sitting comfortably on Daegrin’s back, Daedrin lifted the stirrup out of the way before reaching underneath the horse to take hold of the front cinch and bringing it up underneath the animal before securing it in place. He then stepped back, repeating the action with the smaller cinch at the back of the saddle. He checked over the cinchs, making sure that they were settled comfortably before he then straightened and moved to the front of Daegrin and wrapped a breast collar around his front so that the saddle wouldn’t slide backwards. Once he was sure everything was in place, he pulled down the stirrup and settled it in place. 

Once that was done, Daedrin turned and picked up the bridle which was black in colour to match the saddle. As he turned around again, Daegrin lowered his head slightly as if he had been through this countless times before and knew what was expected of him. Daedrin gently pulled the bridle up onto his head, using one hand to manipulate the bit and slipping it into Daegrin’s waiting mouth. The Aelda snorted slightly, clearly not liking the taste of it. Daedrin smiled, “I know.” He said soothingly before reaching up and gently manipulating the bridle so that the Aelda’s ears were comfortable and the bridle was sitting perfectly in place. He also shifted the hair so that it was not restricting the bridle nor would it tug on the hair. He did the throat latch to help secure the bridle in place, but he was careful not to make it too tight that it was choking the animal. He checked over the bridle, making sure that everything was securely in place without being uncomfortable. Daedrin picked up the reigns that were attached to the front of the bridle, before throwing it back over the Aelda’s neck, drooping down slightly. He took hold of the reigns just below Daegrin’s mouth before turning and walking the animal back to Izanagi, “We can put everything on Daegrin for now. We will pick you up a horse on our way out of town.” He said as he came to a stop. He picked up the bedrolls and secured them in place on the saddle, using the ropes to put them in place. He then moved closer to Izanagi, picking up the saddlebags and moving back to Daegrin and securing them in place over the bedrolls. Once that was done, he took the reigns again, “Right. That should be it.” He said as the other horse snorted loudly, watching them from the edge of her stall, not looking too pleased. 

• Love 1

• Senior Staff
8 hours ago, Neptune said:

When Natia shuddered, Rowan couldn’t help but to hold her closer, mentally berating himself for reminding her of them. He was sure that they were the last people that she wanted to think about right now. At her second comment, Rowan couldn’t help but to chuckle softly in amusement, “I suppose there’s always a silver lining.” He commented, because in a way it was true. Despite all the terrifying experiences she had in the forest, it had lead to them meeting one another and not only would Rowan refuse to hurt her, or use her for his own means, he was adamant in protecting her. He continued to run his fingers through her soft hair, comforting both her and himself, reassuring himself that she was alright.

When she asked if she could ask him something, he tilted his head down towards her, an eyebrow arching slightly as his golden eyes glittered with curiosity. He remained silent as she spoke, his other eyebrow raising to join its mate. When she had finished, he remained silent for a few moments, not entirely sure how he could articulate himself. Using his grip on her to his advantage, he suddenly pulled her onto his lap, wrapping his arms around her and pulling her close as he cuddled her closely, nuzzling against her hair, “Natia… I’ve never known you with your powers. Despite what many people might think about me, I’m not shallow. I like you, for who you are, and you’re not useless to me. Far from it. You’re a comfort to have around, someone I can talk to… that conversation we have in the cave was stimulating. There aren’t many people that I can have that kind of discussion with. You’re not only beautiful, but you’re smart too. You’re kind, and generous, not to mention incredibly sweet. You’ve wormed yourself into my heart and you’re showing no signs of leaving.” Rowan grinned at her, his golden eyes shining with his intense sincerity, as he hoped that Natia would believe every word he was speaking. He then continued, “I don’t think I could comment on your Goddess… I don’t know her, nor what she is like. But surely, if your shameful thoughts don’t harm anyone… then what would be the problem? Why can’t you do what makes you happy as long as you’re not making anyone else suffer as a result?” He asked.

As Rowan pulled her into his lap, Natia gave no resistance. She was light as a feather and easy to pull into place. She blushed in flattery as the man began to list all the things he appreciated about her, and couldn't find much beyond a smile in response.  "Most people want to use us... they want to take advantage of our powers. They want us to make them things like jewelry or weapons... or they just want us for their kinks and fetishes... but you aren't most people. This is the only time I think an outsider could ever say things like these and actually convince me they're true, because you've proven how much you care just by how much you've sacrificed for me. Perhaps Cera wouldn't be upset at all... maybe these thoughts were placed in my mind for a reason..." She honestly couldn't say. Under normal circumstances, it was such a huge risk that she would never even consider taking it. But what Rowan had just said... somehow, the idea of losing her gift just didn't feel so bad anymore. She had someone to protect and care for her. Someone who looked out for her just as her father did every step of the way. She gazed up into Rowan's eyes, finding herself lost in them once again. She could feel the same sensations returning, their hearts beating in synch. She slowly adjusted herself so that she could reach up to Rowan's face, her lips inches from his.  "Rowan, I... I love you."

The words she spoke even came as a surprise to her. Was she really going to commit to this decision? She wasn't prepared at all to make such a decision so spontaneously. She was scared of the consequences, and yet with Rowan here, she knew she could face any consequences the world threw at her, so long as he would accept her feelings. It was clear these feelings were mutual, though she admittedly was unaware of just how deep Rowan's feelings for her went. Did he see her as a significant other, or did he just see her as a pretty flower that needed protection? What about her own plans? Would she ever be able to return home if she committed to a life with this outsider? Would she be shunned or praised? Then, Rowan's other words echoed and she nodded. She wasn't hurting anybody. There was no way this could be wrong. Why should she doubt herself? Her mind was created by Cera herself.

"I love you, Rowan, and..." Her face was a bright red at this point. "I-I want to be yours..."

• Love 1

When Natia spoke about how others used her people, Rowan gave a slow nod as he understood that most of the time, that would be the case. It was unfortunate, but that was the way of the world especially when you had greedy people who were willing to step on others just to get what one wants. However his sombre mood melted away into a smile when she moved on to talk about him and he knew from her words that she was grateful for everything that he had done for her. She had not turned a blind eye to it all, and was truly thankful. In response to that, he said, “That’s because I’m not like most people.” He vaguely wondered what her reaction would be if she realised he wasn’t quite what he said he was. That he wasn’t just another nameless traveller. If he kept her with him, she was bound to find out sooner or later, but he didn’t want to reveal that card just yet. He didn’t know if it would frighten her to know that he was a Prince. Besides, he could understand what she was saying when it came to others using her people. People tended to try and use him for their own gain as well, simply because of his relation to his father. It was one of the reasons why he did not want to inherit his father’s throne. Having to deal with the mental mind games of power hungry bastards was tiring. He didn’t know how his father did it and was glad he wasn’t the named successor. But then his father had yet to name which son would take the throne when he died. Knowing his father as well as he did, Rowan could only guess that, that bastard would leave it in his will and not mention it until he died.

He was brought out of his thoughts when Natia shifted slightly, her face coming closer to him. Once again, Rowan felt that fluttery feeling in his stomach as his heart sped up. His entire focus was riveted on Natia. The sound of her soft breathing, the beat of her heart which matched his beat for beat. The words she then spoke caused Rowan’s breath to freeze in his throat and his entire body seemed to still for a moment, including his heart. A warm feeling spread throughout his body, causing him to unfreeze and for muscles that he didn’t realise were tense, to relax. His lips twitched up in a smile as his golden eyes glinted with the happiness he felt at hearing those words. He felt almost giddy and he wanted nothing more than to clutch Natia to him and never let her go. His smile widened as her beautiful face reddened in her sweet little blush, making his heart ache in want at the endearing gesture. Rowan’s hands moved of their own accord, gently stroking up the sides of her slim body before they came to rest on her flaming cheeks, feeling the warmed of her smooth flesh. He stroked his thumb against her cheek in a tender gesture. At this moment in time, the rest of the world didn’t exist for him. His smile widened at her, “I love you too, Natia… and I want you to be mine…” He told her, his voice barely above a whisper, his voice filled with as much love and affection he could manage. He then added, “And because of that, I won’t do anything that you’re not comfortable with.” He said that, to let her know that there was nothing he was going to pressure her into, that they would move at a pace that she was comfortable with. The movement of his thumb paused on her cheek before he pulled her face forwards those precious inches until their lips met as he put as much tenderness into it as he could muster, revelling at the feeling of her soft lips against his. After a moment, he pulled back and pressed their foreheads together as he smiled at her, his fingers moving up into her hair to lightly caress her scalp. 

• Love 1

On 9/22/2018 at 10:45 AM, Neptune said:

Daedrin watched as Izanagi somewhat awkwardly greeted the Aelda. Daegrin snorted softly, stretching his snout out to sniff at the man before pulling back and giving Daedrin a look. He smiled slightly, patting the horse on the neck and murmured softly, “Don’t worry about it…” Daegrin snorted again, shaking his head slightly before turning his head to watch the stranger. Daedrin shook his head slightly before putting a hand on Daegrin’s neck and gently guiding him over to one side of the barn where the saddles and bridles were. The other Aelda turned and returned back into her horse box to return to her food. Daedrin picked up a grooming brush, stroking Daegrin’s neck before he ran the brush over his coarse black fur, making sure that it was properly brushed before he put it back. He then picked up the saddle blanket which was soft underneath and was a black material on top. He threw it over Daegrin’s back, shifting it slightly so that it sat perfectly on his back without being too far forwards, nor too far back. 

He then turned and picked up a saddle which was made from good quality leather, dyed a deep black colour. The actual seat itself was specially padded making it extremely comfortable to sit in. Daedrin returned to Daegrin who was patiently waiting, before throwing the saddle over the Aelda’s back. He settled it into place, making sure that nothing was tangled up underneath. Once it was sitting comfortably on Daegrin’s back, Daedrin lifted the stirrup out of the way before reaching underneath the horse to take hold of the front cinch and bringing it up underneath the animal before securing it in place. He then stepped back, repeating the action with the smaller cinch at the back of the saddle. He checked over the cinchs, making sure that they were settled comfortably before he then straightened and moved to the front of Daegrin and wrapped a breast collar around his front so that the saddle wouldn’t slide backwards. Once he was sure everything was in place, he pulled down the stirrup and settled it in place. 

Once that was done, Daedrin turned and picked up the bridle which was black in colour to match the saddle. As he turned around again, Daegrin lowered his head slightly as if he had been through this countless times before and knew what was expected of him. Daedrin gently pulled the bridle up onto his head, using one hand to manipulate the bit and slipping it into Daegrin’s waiting mouth. The Aelda snorted slightly, clearly not liking the taste of it. Daedrin smiled, “I know.” He said soothingly before reaching up and gently manipulating the bridle so that the Aelda’s ears were comfortable and the bridle was sitting perfectly in place. He also shifted the hair so that it was not restricting the bridle nor would it tug on the hair. He did the throat latch to help secure the bridle in place, but he was careful not to make it too tight that it was choking the animal. He checked over the bridle, making sure that everything was securely in place without being uncomfortable. Daedrin picked up the reigns that were attached to the front of the bridle, before throwing it back over the Aelda’s neck, drooping down slightly. He took hold of the reigns just below Daegrin’s mouth before turning and walking the animal back to Izanagi, “We can put everything on Daegrin for now. We will pick you up a horse on our way out of town.” He said as he came to a stop. He picked up the bedrolls and secured them in place on the saddle, using the ropes to put them in place. He then moved closer to Izanagi, picking up the saddlebags and moving back to Daegrin and securing them in place over the bedrolls. Once that was done, he took the reigns again, “Right. That should be it.” He said as the other horse snorted loudly, watching them from the edge of her stall, not looking too pleased. 

At that point it was more than clear to me that Deadrin really cared about the two horses, hell he was even talking to them and they seemed to understand each other in a very deep way, even thought the animals were clearly not capable of speaking, they were obviously communicating with each other, that made feel... weird, not exactly because I was quite literally watching a men talking with two horses as if they were actual people, after all though the years travelling around I had seen my fair share of weird stuff, not to mention that I had the soul of one of the most powerfull demons in existence fused with my own, if that isn't weird, than I don't know what it is, but seeing the way that the men and the animal were linked with each other,all that... respect, caring and, may I even dare to say, love for one another, that was causing me to feel... envious? I couldn't say for sure, but it was clear that what I was seeing right there in front of me was something that I myself haven't felt in a long time, in fact the only two that ever made feel that way were my parents, but my father was long gone and my mother was, hopefully, safer without me back in my hometown, so I guess it only made sense to feel a little... bothered by that.

My thoughts were, thankfully, interrupted by Deadrin saying that pretty much everything was ready, all we had to do was to get myself a horse and we would be ready to begin our quest "Right" I said nodding a bit and trying to hide how thoughtfull I was just a second ago "Please lead the way"

Edited by Akira
  • Like 1

• Senior Staff
5 hours ago, Neptune said:

When Natia spoke about how others used her people, Rowan gave a slow nod as he understood that most of the time, that would be the case. It was unfortunate, but that was the way of the world especially when you had greedy people who were willing to step on others just to get what one wants. However his sombre mood melted away into a smile when she moved on to talk about him and he knew from her words that she was grateful for everything that he had done for her. She had not turned a blind eye to it all, and was truly thankful. In response to that, he said, “That’s because I’m not like most people.” He vaguely wondered what her reaction would be if she realised he wasn’t quite what he said he was. That he wasn’t just another nameless traveller. If he kept her with him, she was bound to find out sooner or later, but he didn’t want to reveal that card just yet. He didn’t know if it would frighten her to know that he was a Prince. Besides, he could understand what she was saying when it came to others using her people. People tended to try and use him for their own gain as well, simply because of his relation to his father. It was one of the reasons why he did not want to inherit his father’s throne. Having to deal with the mental mind games of power hungry bastards was tiring. He didn’t know how his father did it and was glad he wasn’t the named successor. But then his father had yet to name which son would take the throne when he died. Knowing his father as well as he did, Rowan could only guess that, that bastard would leave it in his will and not mention it until he died.

He was brought out of his thoughts when Natia shifted slightly, her face coming closer to him. Once again, Rowan felt that fluttery feeling in his stomach as his heart sped up. His entire focus was riveted on Natia. The sound of her soft breathing, the beat of her heart which matched his beat for beat. The words she then spoke caused Rowan’s breath to freeze in his throat and his entire body seemed to still for a moment, including his heart. A warm feeling spread throughout his body, causing him to unfreeze and for muscles that he didn’t realise were tense, to relax. His lips twitched up in a smile as his golden eyes glinted with the happiness he felt at hearing those words. He felt almost giddy and he wanted nothing more than to clutch Natia to him and never let her go. His smile widened as her beautiful face reddened in her sweet little blush, making his heart ache in want at the endearing gesture. Rowan’s hands moved of their own accord, gently stroking up the sides of her slim body before they came to rest on her flaming cheeks, feeling the warmed of her smooth flesh. He stroked his thumb against her cheek in a tender gesture. At this moment in time, the rest of the world didn’t exist for him. His smile widened at her, “I love you too, Natia… and I want you to be mine…” He told her, his voice barely above a whisper, his voice filled with as much love and affection he could manage. He then added, “And because of that, I won’t do anything that you’re not comfortable with.” He said that, to let her know that there was nothing he was going to pressure her into, that they would move at a pace that she was comfortable with. The movement of his thumb paused on her cheek before he pulled her face forwards those precious inches until their lips met as he put as much tenderness into it as he could muster, revelling at the feeling of her soft lips against his. After a moment, he pulled back and pressed their foreheads together as he smiled at her, his fingers moving up into her hair to lightly caress her scalp. 

This was him. The man Natia had waited her entire life to meet. At first, she had her reservations. She expected an Aequu. Another tribe whom she could share with her people, where all of her friends could meet new husbands and wives and share their children. She thought he would just show up one day and it would be the happiest day of her life. She had no idea it would happen immediately after the greatest tragedy she'd ever experienced. Yet here she was in his arms, kissing the love of her life whom she'd only known for a day. Their lips pressed firmly together, her whole body hot and flaring up, as if she were just getting started. Cera had answered her prayers. Not in any of the ways she'd expected, but in so many more beautiful ways. She'd learned so much more than she'd ever thought. Rowan's hands exploring her body only helped her to understand her purpose here more. Rowan needed her as much as she need him. Though she couldn't fully understand what for, she knew he needed her. Perhaps he had been lonely or isolated... whatever the case, she was never going to leave his side from this day forward. 

Her breath was bated as their lips pulled apart. she slowly pieced together the words she wanted to say.  "Then I am yours..." Her face cradled in his hands, she knew that couldn't be anything short of the truth. She didn't want to ruin the moment by speaking to much, but it was clear from the feelings coursing through her body, the feelings Cera had given her that she only felt from the lewdest of fantasies... She bit her lip again and looked up at Rowan in silence, her head cocked slightly and her silver hair draped over her shoulder. She couldn't at all think of how exactly she could word such an embarrassing request. She could tell, though, that the same thing had been on Rowan's mind for a while, even if she had been ignorant of it before. It was just a feeling in the air. 

"I'm your girl, Rowan. Please... show me what that means to you... Show me exactly what you want from me. There's no shame anymore. You've proven you deserve it. I will do everything I can to make your wishes come true!"

• Love 1

[[Moved to Side Story: Loving Confessions.]]

Daedrin nodded at Izanagi’s request before leading Daegrin down the path towards the gates. He glanced over at his companion and said, “Please close the stable door behind us.” He then turned back around, trusting the man to do as he was asked. He approached the gate, letting go of Daegrin’s reigns causing the animal to remain still. Daedrin unlocked the padlock on the gate before swinging it open. He returned to his mount and lead him through before waiting for Izanagi to exit the property as well, before he closed and locked the gate behind them. Now that was done, he took Daegrin’s reigns and began to lead the way out of the city through the gate where he knew there was a stable nearby that sold horses. He didn’t mount Daegrin and begin riding, as Izanagi wouldn’t be able to keep up with him plus he felt it was a little rude to be riding while his companion was forced to walk on his own two feet. Besides, he also felt that it was a hassle riding a horse through the city due to the amount of people who would eye him with irritation as they were forced to step out of the way, especially for a horse as large as Daegrin who was bigger than one of the largest horse breeds, the Shire Horse. 

Daedrin walked on in silence for a while, content with it before a question came to mind and he looked over at Izanagi with a small, thoughtful frown. He had no idea if this man could even ride a horse. If he couldn’t, that might cause some problems because it meant that Daedrin would need to teach him and that could prove troublesome. While Daedrin was a patient teacher, learning to ride a horse was not child's play, and if they had a horse with a bad temperament then it could be even more trouble. So, deciding to just ask, Daedrin spoke up in his quiet voice, “Izanagi? Do you know how to saddle and ride a horse?”

Edited by Neptune
Corrected location
  • Like 1

On 9/24/2018 at 2:37 PM, Neptune said:

Daedrin nodded at Izanagi’s request before leading Daegrin down the path towards the gates. He glanced over at his companion and said, “Please close the stable door behind us.” He then turned back around, trusting the man to do as he was asked. He approached the gate, letting go of Daegrin’s reigns causing the animal to remain still. Daedrin unlocked the padlock on the gate before swinging it open. He returned to his mount and lead him through before waiting for Izanagi to exit the property as well, before he closed and locked the gate behind them. Now that was done, he took Daegrin’s reigns and began to lead the way out of the city through the gate where he knew there was a stable nearby that sold horses. He didn’t mount Daegrin and begin riding, as Izanagi wouldn’t be able to keep up with him plus he felt it was a little rude to be riding while his companion was forced to walk on his own two feet. Besides, he also felt that it was a hassle riding a horse through the city due to the amount of people who would eye him with irritation as they were forced to step out of the way, especially for a horse as large as Daegrin who was bigger than one of the largest horse breeds, the Shire Horse. 

Daedrin walked on in silence for a while, content with it before a question came to mind and he looked over at Izanagi with a small, thoughtful frown. He had no idea if this man could even ride a horse. If he couldn’t, that might cause some problems because it meant that Daedrin would need to teach him and that could prove troublesome. While Daedrin was a patient teacher, learning to ride a horse was not child's play, and if they had a horse with a bad temperament then it could be even more trouble. So, deciding to just ask, Daedrin spoke up in his quiet voice, “Izanagi? Do you know how to saddle and ride a horse?”

I gave Deadrin and his horse some space so they could move on, I simply nodded at the task given to me by the man, accepting it. After we were all on the other side of the gate, I calmly closed it again a locked the padlock, once my job there was done I rushed a little bit so I could catch up with Deadrin and his horse. While we were making out way through the city I noticed how Deadrin chose to keep walking on foot instead of riding his horse, which was really considerable of him, since some people feel powerful while doing so, seeing the others around them from above and all, which was stupidity in opinion but oh well. 

Just like before, we were both quiet most of the time, mainly focusing on what would come next instead of chatting about useless stuff, Odium took the opportunity to talk to me about something that was pretty unexpected coming from him *Hey, Izanagi* he began, calling my attention *Hmm? what is it?* I responded *At that time earlier, when that weirdo was talking to his horses, you became... quiet for a moment, you were thinking about something, weren't you?* It wasn't exactly surprising that Odium could tell that, after all, rather we like it or not, we have been together for more than a decade now, he knows me pretty damn well at this point *It was nothing, just forget about it* *Look, soon we will be heading to the forest again, there are all sorts of creatures there, which is nothing new for us, but you need to keep your head in the right place* as the very incarnation of wrath Odium was never really good at showing that he cared about others, then again, neither was I *Awww I didn't know you cared* I said in a teasing tone *Idiot, if you die I'll be sent back to hell* I rolled my eyes in response to his comment, Odium could be a hell of a tsundere at times.

My attention snapped back at Deadrin when he asked if knew how to ride a horse, it had been a few years since the last time, but I still remembered the basics, so it shouldn't be a problem "Don't worry, my father thought me how to do it when I was a kid, I might be a bit rusty, but it should be okay" I replied with a smile, trying to hide the pain of thinking about my father

• Like 1

Liva smiled a little at Rayvenne's statement,  scooting forwards slightly, and grasped onto her belt gently, as to not irritate the woman. As the horse started to walk slowly, she sighed and brushed back some of her hair with her free hand, looking around with a look of wonder. She wasn't accustomed to travelling on horseback, so she quite enjoyed the experience. "How long do you think the journey will be?" She asked faintly, her eyes looking forward at Rayveene, a curious glint in them. Liva had never travelled too far, much less on a horse, so she had no idea as to how long the trip would last.

• Like 1

Daedrin nodded at Izanagi’s answer, pleased to hear it. Still, he doubted the man had much experience in purchasing the horse so he would need to make sure that the one they bought had the right kind of temperament. With where they were going, a skittish horse that scared easily would not be a good match up. It would end up running off at the first hint of trouble. Daegrin nuzzled at his shoulder lightly and he reached up with his free hand to rub against the Aelda’s nose as he continued leading them towards the stables on the edge of the city, close to the Northern entrance. 

When they reached the stable, after walking in complete silence, Daedrin paused as he looked upon the paddock where they could see a few horses grazing. A few of them looked to have potential, but they needed to talk to the stablemaster. He moved forwards, stopping outside of the stable to tie Daegrin’s reins to the wooden pole along with a couple of other horses. Daedrin then turned to Izanagi, “Come on.” He said, before turning and leading him through a human door, having to duck slightly due to the fact that he was extremely tall for a human of this time period. As soon as they stepped inside of the building, they could see various stalls that were occupied by several horses. On the far end, there was a large open door, where they could see out into the paddock they had saw earlier when they approached. A man approached them, a smile on his lips,

“Hello, young sirs. How may I help you?” He asked, holding his hand out to shake however Daedrin did not reach out to take it. The man's smile turned a little awkward, before he lowered his hand and glanced between the two, clearly very curious about the odd pair.

“We’re after a horse of a strong temperament. One that does not scare easily and yet… is suitable for a relatively green rider.” Daedrin said, getting straight to the point without bothering with the pleasantries. 

The man frowned slightly in thought, his lips pulling to the side slightly, “Mm. Such horses are rare… and pricey. Most horses like that are usually quickly bought for the Kings army… if you would wait here, young sirs, I will go and have a look for you.” He said, bowing his head slightly before he moved off. Daedrin crossed his arms over his chest, tapping his fingers along his upper arm, hoping that this wouldn’t take too long.

Rayvenne’s peaceful thoughts were broken when Liva spoke up, asking how long it would take to get to Dragon’s Eye. She frowned slightly in thought, before she replied, “A few days, a week at most if we keep at this pace. It usually takes a few weeks on foot, especially since travelling along the mountain pass can be tricky on feet. Not that it’s stopped people before. But one of the main problems is the fact that it’s a traders route, so you have a lot of caravan track marks that can make it annoying to people on foot.” She didn’t look back as she spoke, her eyes gazing out in front as she gently guided Maedoc through the meandering trees. She wasn’t planning on increasing their pace just yet, only when Liva was more comfortable on the horse. She could sense Maedoc’s impatience, though. The large stallion wanted nothing more than to run and show off. While Rayvenne didn’t like the horse showing off while she was riding, she often let him run to his heart's content, as she enjoying riding a running horse. It gave her quite the thrill, to feel the wind in her hair and the power of the beast beneath her. She reached forwards and petted Maedoc on the neck gently, causing the animal to snort slightly and lift his head up for a moment. She then looked over her shoulder and said, “Let me know when you’re ready to go a little faster. I feel Maedoc might run anyway if that’s not soon, due to his impatience.” She sounded more amused than she did annoyed, and her amusement was towards the animal that they were riding. She knew Maedoc well, and while she was amused, she was not joking. Maedoc could be quite rebellious when he wanted to be.

• Like 1

On 9/30/2018 at 5:17 PM, Neptune said:

Daedrin nodded at Izanagi’s answer, pleased to hear it. Still, he doubted the man had much experience in purchasing the horse so he would need to make sure that the one they bought had the right kind of temperament. With where they were going, a skittish horse that scared easily would not be a good match up. It would end up running off at the first hint of trouble. Daegrin nuzzled at his shoulder lightly and he reached up with his free hand to rub against the Aelda’s nose as he continued leading them towards the stables on the edge of the city, close to the Northern entrance. 

When they reached the stable, after walking in complete silence, Daedrin paused as he looked upon the paddock where they could see a few horses grazing. A few of them looked to have potential, but they needed to talk to the stablemaster. He moved forwards, stopping outside of the stable to tie Daegrin’s reins to the wooden pole along with a couple of other horses. Daedrin then turned to Izanagi, “Come on.” He said, before turning and leading him through a human door, having to duck slightly due to the fact that he was extremely tall for a human of this time period. As soon as they stepped inside of the building, they could see various stalls that were occupied by several horses. On the far end, there was a large open door, where they could see out into the paddock they had saw earlier when they approached. A man approached them, a smile on his lips,

“Hello, young sirs. How may I help you?” He asked, holding his hand out to shake however Daedrin did not reach out to take it. The man's smile turned a little awkward, before he lowered his hand and glanced between the two, clearly very curious about the odd pair.

“We’re after a horse of a strong temperament. One that does not scare easily and yet… is suitable for a relatively green rider.” Daedrin said, getting straight to the point without bothering with the pleasantries. 

The man frowned slightly in thought, his lips pulling to the side slightly, “Mm. Such horses are rare… and pricey. Most horses like that are usually quickly bought for the Kings army… if you would wait here, young sirs, I will go and have a look for you.” He said, bowing his head slightly before he moved off. Daedrin crossed his arms over his chest, tapping his fingers along his upper arm, hoping that this wouldn’t take too long.

I kept following Deadrin and his horse as we were heading to the stables that was conveniently located near one of Selil's entrances, on our way there I was thinking on what kind of horse should I keep an eye for, since that would be an important factor in our quest, my main thought was to look for one that was capable of carrying a lot of weight, considering that we were going into the forest to look for a precious mineral, then again, I wasn't exactly an expert at the topic, so when the time comes it might be a good idea to ask Deadrin's opinion.

Upon reaching the stable I began to have a look at some of the horses located in the paddock, as to be expected, they all looked healthy and well cared, which was very good sign of the stable's quality. We made a quick stop so Deadrin could tie his horse's reins to a wooden pole nearby before we went in, I smiled a little in response the inconvenience that was Deadrin's size in that situation, finding it rather funny. Once inside, I began look around again, just like the ones outside, the horses within the stable seemed to be in good shape, however, my "inspection" was cut short when the stablemaster arrived, greeting us with a smile on his face and offering Deadrin a hand shake, which he didn't take, leaving the man hanging awkwardly and causing me to chuckle a little.

Deadrin, as to be expected, wasted no time and asked straight for a horse with strong temperament so it wouldn't make a run for it at the first sign of trouble, I was actually glad he made said request because I haven't even considered that factor and we were about to go inside the forest, so trouble was surely to be expected. The stable master gave us a quick warning that our options would be limited before heading out and coming back a few minutes later with two horses, pulling their reins each in one of his hands, both animals were about the same size, a little smaller than Deagrin. "These are only available ones" he bagan to explain "this one is a Destrier horse, he is very strong and agile" he said looking at the dark brown horse to his right "and this one is a Courser horse, she is very fast and strong too" he looked at the white horse to his left side before turning his gaze back to us, waiting a response. I took a step forward and had a look at the two options, they both seemed to be good for me so I decided to ask help "Uhhh Deadrin? You are way more experienced than me in this regard right? What do you think?" I asked and took a step back so he could have a better look

Edited by Akira
Horse breeds
  • Like 1

Daedrin watched as the stable master brought the two animals up to them, who were several hands smaller than his own mount. It did sometimes make Daedrin wonder how human bred horses were able to support weight of any kind, but he knew that they were suitable for what they wanted. He turned his head towards Izanagi when the man made his request, one of his slender eyebrows arching slightly before he gave a slight nod and looked back at the two beasts. The Courser horse, the mare, was slightly smaller than the stallion. He stepped towards the white horse, reaching up and running a hand across its cheek as he peered into her dark eyes as the animal observed him calmly, not afraid of a strange human touching her. He stepped to her side, running a hand down her curved neck and eyeing down her body. She was slightly leaner than the other horse, with a frame built for speed. Her coat was a good colour, with no sign of any abuse. His hand moved down, feeling her shoulder before moving down to her front leg but again, the horse wasn’t bothered. He bent down, gripping her leg and forcing it up as he inspected the shoe.

“She was reshod the other day. The stallion a week ago.” The stable master said, causing Daedrin to grunt slightly in reply as he lowered the foot and straightened. He stepped further forward until he was at the horses hindquarters. He glanced back, seeing that she wasn’t bothered by his close proximity despite being out of her line of sight. A number of horses often became nervous, so this was a good sign. He checked the hind leg, testing its flexibility and the smoothness of the joint. He then moved around behind the horse, patting her on the rump, “She’s a good horse.” He commented quietly.

He then turned his attention to the stallion. He wasn’t as lean as the mare, with more muscles and a more powerful hindquarters that made his hind legs more springy so while he was stronger, he was still quite fast. He moved to the front of the horse, stroking its neck as he observed the face of the animal who regarded him calmly. He then moved so the animals front leg, touching its muscles in a similar way to the way he had the mare. He lifted the horses front leg up, looking at the horses shoe, seeing that it was still in very good condition meaning that it was a professional job. He lowered the foot, moving down to the animals hindquarters, inspecting the shoe on the hind leg. As he moved around the animal, he saw that the animal turned his head, watching Daedrin but not reacting. 

Daedrin came back around, patting the stallion on his shoulder before he went to join Izanagi again, “They’re both very good horses. It’s a take your pick, really. The mare will be faster, and thus good at moving around the battlefield. She will also be the cheaper option. The Destrier though, is physically stronger and thus able to carry more weight. They both seem to have a suitable enough temperament.” He said, before looking at the stable master, “Price?” He asked.

“The stallion is fifty gold, sir. The mare is thirty.” The stable master replied. Daedrin turned to look back at Izanagi, “It’s your choice, really.” He said, before turning his head to look at the two horses as they waited patiently for Izanagi to make a choice between the two. 

• Like 1

On 10/2/2018 at 12:31 PM, Neptune said:

Daedrin watched as the stable master brought the two animals up to them, who were several hands smaller than his own mount. It did sometimes make Daedrin wonder how human bred horses were able to support weight of any kind, but he knew that they were suitable for what they wanted. He turned his head towards Izanagi when the man made his request, one of his slender eyebrows arching slightly before he gave a slight nod and looked back at the two beasts. The Courser horse, the mare, was slightly smaller than the stallion. He stepped towards the white horse, reaching up and running a hand across its cheek as he peered into her dark eyes as the animal observed him calmly, not afraid of a strange human touching her. He stepped to her side, running a hand down her curved neck and eyeing down her body. She was slightly leaner than the other horse, with a frame built for speed. Her coat was a good colour, with no sign of any abuse. His hand moved down, feeling her shoulder before moving down to her front leg but again, the horse wasn’t bothered. He bent down, gripping her leg and forcing it up as he inspected the shoe.

“She was reshod the other day. The stallion a week ago.” The stable master said, causing Daedrin to grunt slightly in reply as he lowered the foot and straightened. He stepped further forward until he was at the horses hindquarters. He glanced back, seeing that she wasn’t bothered by his close proximity despite being out of her line of sight. A number of horses often became nervous, so this was a good sign. He checked the hind leg, testing its flexibility and the smoothness of the joint. He then moved around behind the horse, patting her on the rump, “She’s a good horse.” He commented quietly.

He then turned his attention to the stallion. He wasn’t as lean as the mare, with more muscles and a more powerful hindquarters that made his hind legs more springy so while he was stronger, he was still quite fast. He moved to the front of the horse, stroking its neck as he observed the face of the animal who regarded him calmly. He then moved so the animals front leg, touching its muscles in a similar way to the way he had the mare. He lifted the horses front leg up, looking at the horses shoe, seeing that it was still in very good condition meaning that it was a professional job. He lowered the foot, moving down to the animals hindquarters, inspecting the shoe on the hind leg. As he moved around the animal, he saw that the animal turned his head, watching Daedrin but not reacting. 

Daedrin came back around, patting the stallion on his shoulder before he went to join Izanagi again, “They’re both very good horses. It’s a take your pick, really. The mare will be faster, and thus good at moving around the battlefield. She will also be the cheaper option. The Destrier though, is physically stronger and thus able to carry more weight. They both seem to have a suitable enough temperament.” He said, before looking at the stable master, “Price?” He asked.

“The stallion is fifty gold, sir. The mare is thirty.” The stable master replied. Daedrin turned to look back at Izanagi, “It’s your choice, really.” He said, before turning his head to look at the two horses as they waited patiently for Izanagi to make a choice between the two. 

I felt glad for asking Deadrin to check on the horses, just like I thought, he knew way more than me about the creatures, I patiently watched as the man approached the animals and carefully analyzed their bodies and behavior, it gave a better dimension on how much I didn't know about the subject, after all, the only thing I was considering to be important before we had arrived at the stable was the horse's strength, oh how wrong I was.

After a few brief moments, Deadrin was done with his inspection and said that there wasn't much difference between the two options and that it would be a matter of personal preference, there was however, another important factor to consider: the price. Luckily for me, Deadrin had already asked about the price, I would have to spend all the gold I had left, but at least I would have a horse to aid me in our quest *So? what are you going to do?* asked Odium *Well, looks like I'll to spend all the gold from my emergency reserve* I responded, I unzipped my coat and held one of the sides slightly open with a hand while placing the other under it, making it seem like there was inner pocket there, but I actually opened a small portal there, making a small tip from my Hell's Chain came out with a little sack of gold attached to it, I quickly took the sack in my hand and dissipated the chain, making extra sure nobody had seen it before handing it to the stablemaster "I'll have the mare please" the man smiled and grabbed the sack of gold, opening it and checking inside to make sure about it's contents, once he was sure everything was in order, he nodded and said "Very well" I took a step forward and grabbed the mare's reins before turning back to Deadrin "Anything else we need to get?" I asked calmly

Edited by Akira
  • Like 1

Daedrin watched Izanagi as the man reached into his coat pocket before pulling out a sack of gold and handing it over to the stable master. His red eyes then shifted back to the horses as his companion claimed his mount. Before Daedrin could answer Izanagi’s question, the stable Master spoke up, “You will need a saddle and a bridle. I would also recommend that you get a saddle blanket. This is all included in the price.” He bowed slightly with a smile, “Let me return the stallion and I will be right back with you.” He said before leading the stallion away and handing it off to one of his helpers. He then came back and indicated for the two of them to follow as he lead them off to one corner of the barn where there was a collection of leather saddles sitting on display. The stable Master said, “As you can see, we have several styles, including some coloured leather like black saddles. They’re all in really good condition and, if you would like, we can saddle your horse for you.” 

Daedrin looked over the saddles with a keen eye before stepping forwards and gripping one, shifting it to inspect it. He saw that the leather was a little worn and shook his head, “This one isn’t suitable. It’s a little too worn to be suitable. Not made very well, either.” He said, before moving onto the next one. It was black in colour, like his was, and it looked brand new. He nodded his head to show Izanagi that it was a good saddle to go for. Not only was it new, but it was well made and he figured it would last for quite a while. The mare that he had purchased was certainly worth him keeping a hold of her. He shifted to the next saddle which was a dark brown in colour and was clearly made by the same person as the previous saddle as again, it was in a fantastic condition and was well made. He inspected the other saddles, but the two best were the black and dark brown one. He moved over to the bridles and inspected them, inspecting the leather and seeing if it was worn, or strained by they were all suitable. He moved back over to Izanagi and pointed to the two saddles, “I would recommend going for either one of those two. They’re the best quality of the ones there. The bridles… take your pick, they’re all good. I would recommend getting a saddle blanket though. That will prevent the mare from getting sores.” He said in a low tone that the saddlemaster couldn’t hear. He then stepped back, letting Izanagi make his choice. 

• Like 1

On 10/4/2018 at 1:56 PM, Neptune said:

Daedrin watched Izanagi as the man reached into his coat pocket before pulling out a sack of gold and handing it over to the stable master. His red eyes then shifted back to the horses as his companion claimed his mount. Before Daedrin could answer Izanagi’s question, the stable Master spoke up, “You will need a saddle and a bridle. I would also recommend that you get a saddle blanket. This is all included in the price.” He bowed slightly with a smile, “Let me return the stallion and I will be right back with you.” He said before leading the stallion away and handing it off to one of his helpers. He then came back and indicated for the two of them to follow as he lead them off to one corner of the barn where there was a collection of leather saddles sitting on display. The stable Master said, “As you can see, we have several styles, including some coloured leather like black saddles. They’re all in really good condition and, if you would like, we can saddle your horse for you.” 

Daedrin looked over the saddles with a keen eye before stepping forwards and gripping one, shifting it to inspect it. He saw that the leather was a little worn and shook his head, “This one isn’t suitable. It’s a little too worn to be suitable. Not made very well, either.” He said, before moving onto the next one. It was black in colour, like his was, and it looked brand new. He nodded his head to show Izanagi that it was a good saddle to go for. Not only was it new, but it was well made and he figured it would last for quite a while. The mare that he had purchased was certainly worth him keeping a hold of her. He shifted to the next saddle which was a dark brown in colour and was clearly made by the same person as the previous saddle as again, it was in a fantastic condition and was well made. He inspected the other saddles, but the two best were the black and dark brown one. He moved over to the bridles and inspected them, inspecting the leather and seeing if it was worn, or strained by they were all suitable. He moved back over to Izanagi and pointed to the two saddles, “I would recommend going for either one of those two. They’re the best quality of the ones there. The bridles… take your pick, they’re all good. I would recommend getting a saddle blanket though. That will prevent the mare from getting sores.” He said in a low tone that the saddlemaster couldn’t hear. He then stepped back, letting Izanagi make his choice. 

I heard the stablemaster's explanation, feeling glad that the additional items were also included, since I had literally spent all my money buying the horse. "Very well"  I calmly said as the man went out for a few moments to return the other animal to it's proper place. Soon he returned and lead us to the area were I could choose a saddle and, thankfully for me, Deadrin once again wasted no time and went straight to the point, which was something that I was beginning to like more and more about him. He made a quick yet detailed analysis of the avaliable saddle options, once he was done, he pointed the two best ones and suggested me to chose between them as well as suggesting me to get a saddle blanket, which was a good idea.

I placed one of my hands on my chin, thinking for a few brief moments before ansewering "I'll have the black saddle and as for the bridles..." I turned to the area were the bridles were located and, after a few more seconds of thought, pointed at a one that had a matching color "I'll have that one. Oh and I would also like a saddle blanket for my horse" I spoke calmly "Of course sir, would like us to saddle the horse too?" said the stablemaster politely "Yes please" the man bowed and began to work on it. In the mean time I turned my attention back to the paddock outside, there was something about that view that I found... fascinating, it was so clear, so calm, so... peaceful *What is wrong? something in your mind again?* asked Odium, noticing my behavior *Do you think I'll be able to find a place where my life can be like this view? I mean... look at that, is so peaceful...* Odium went silent, simply choosing to not ansewer *Besides, look at them, all these horses seem to treat each other equally, they seem to able to be themselves without having to worry about hiding anything* after a few moments Odium finally replied *You probably know the ansewer already, don't you?* before I could reply the stablemaster cought my attention "It is done sir" I sighed, which was a clear sign of how lost in thought I was before turning around and seeing that he had, in fact, done his job "Thank you" I said with a somewhat sad voice tone.

• Like 1

Daedrin watched as Izanagi took his advice on board and picked one of the two saddles that he had picked out as well as a bridle that matched it before agreeing for the stable master to saddle the beast for him. He red eyed man watched as the stable master began to saddle the beast, using efficient and well practised movements that spoke louder than words that he was used to saddling horses of all sizes and breeds. The mare was also very placid, remaining still as everything was put on her, not reacting when the man tugged and pulled at the saddle. His eyes then moved over to Izanagi who was staring out into the paddock with his eyes lost in thought. Daedrin watched him for a few moments, wondering what the man was thinking about. But he wasn’t curious enough to actually ask. What a man thought within his own thoughts was his business unless he decided to reveal them. It wasn’t his place to force someone to reveal their thoughts. He looked back at the stable master when the man had finished the saddling.

He looked back at Izanagi, “Let’s go.” He said, before moving off. The stable master hastily moved out in front to the front of the stable, opening the door so that Izanagi could pass through with the mare. Daedrin moved over to where Daegrin was patiently waiting, untying him from the pole before coming back so he could join his companion. The stable master eyed the Aelda, “Is that your horse? He’s a fine beast. I would love to be able to breed my mares with him.” He said, eyeing Daegrin appreciatively.

“He is. I do not have any intention to breed him.” Daedrin said in a tone that he hoped would end the discussion. The stable master flinched slightly before nodding slightly as he went silent, heading back inside and closing the door behind him once Izanagi was outside. Daedrin turned to look at his companion for a moment before asking, “Your mare has no name right now. What are you going to call her?” 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Neptune said:

Daedrin watched as Izanagi took his advice on board and picked one of the two saddles that he had picked out as well as a bridle that matched it before agreeing for the stable master to saddle the beast for him. He red eyed man watched as the stable master began to saddle the beast, using efficient and well practised movements that spoke louder than words that he was used to saddling horses of all sizes and breeds. The mare was also very placid, remaining still as everything was put on her, not reacting when the man tugged and pulled at the saddle. His eyes then moved over to Izanagi who was staring out into the paddock with his eyes lost in thought. Daedrin watched him for a few moments, wondering what the man was thinking about. But he wasn’t curious enough to actually ask. What a man thought within his own thoughts was his business unless he decided to reveal them. It wasn’t his place to force someone to reveal their thoughts. He looked back at the stable master when the man had finished the saddling.

He looked back at Izanagi, “Let’s go.” He said, before moving off. The stable master hastily moved out in front to the front of the stable, opening the door so that Izanagi could pass through with the mare. Daedrin moved over to where Daegrin was patiently waiting, untying him from the pole before coming back so he could join his companion. The stable master eyed the Aelda, “Is that your horse? He’s a fine beast. I would love to be able to breed my mares with him.” He said, eyeing Daegrin appreciatively.

“He is. I do not have any intention to breed him.” Daedrin said in a tone that he hoped would end the discussion. The stable master flinched slightly before nodding slightly as he went silent, heading back inside and closing the door behind him once Izanagi was outside. Daedrin turned to look at his companion for a moment before asking, “Your mare has no name right now. What are you going to call her?” 

"Right" I calmly replied to Deadrin's calling, grabbing the mare's reigns and walking behind my companion as we made our way back to the outside of the stables. I gave the stablemaster a appreciative nod as I passed him and the door, I stopped once we were near the pole Deagrin was tied to so his owner could undo the tie.

Neither of us were expecting the stablemaster's comment about breeding Deagrin with one of the stable's mares, but, just as I expected, Deadrin went straight to the point, wasting no time and making crystal clear that he had no intention whatsoever of breeding his horse, once again leaving the stablemaster in as somewhat awkward state, causing me to snicker a little bit.

Once the men was gone, I turned my attention back at Deadrin, being caught off guard by his question, I hadn't thought about that, but it made sense since it wouldn't be good to simply call my recently bought horse "mare" or "horse" or anything like that. I placed one of my hands on the creature's neck, feeling the fur, warmth of the skin and the powerful muscles under my hand, caressing it a bit before answering "Well... I don't know. Since we are about to go inside the forest and luck is something that would be really good once we are there, how about... 'Lucky'?"

• Like 1

Location: Selil Stables, Selil Marketplace and outside the city perimetre. 

With no discernible change in expression, Daedrin nodded although inwardly he was pleased. Not quite the name he would have picked but he felt that it suited the white mare. He reached up, patting Lucky’s curved neck, “That is a good name. I hope she brings us much luck.” He said before turning around and moving to Daegrin’s left side. As the stables were pretty much within view distance of the gates, it would be fine to mount up so that they could ride. However before he did that, he untied one of the bed rolls from the large Aelda before moving back to Lucky and tying it onto her so that Izanagi was carrying his own bed roll. Once he was satisfied that it was secure, he returned to Daegrin’s left side, gripping onto the saddle as he put his left foot into the stirrup before pulling himself up. He swung his right leg over the Aelda and settled into the saddle which was extra padded for comfort which for him, was a good thing all things considered. He shifted a couple of times to get comfortable before picking up his reins.

He looked at Izanagi, “The gate is just over there. We can ride from here.” He said before he nudged Daegrin’s sides with his feet gently, causing the powerful beast to start walking forwards. He guided Daegrin out of the stable property by tugging on the reins to tell the animal which direction to go. They stepped out into the street and turned towards the gate, still moving at a walking pace so not to disturb the other citizens, both on foot and horse. As they neared the gates, they could see that it was guarded by a contingent of soldiers who were carefully watching everyone as they passed in and out of the city. They were a mix of humans and Keza’s, a response to the tension caused by The Black Ones and the threat that they posed to the security of the nation. The soldiers looked at him as he passed, nodding at him as they recognised who he was, while they eyed Izanagi with suspicion but let him past without any troubles. Daedrin lead Izanagi away from the city, looking over his shoulder to see the huge city walls beginning to disappear. He then slowed Daegrin down so that he was riding beside Izanagi. He reached into his saddlebag and pulled out a rolled piece of parchment which he unrolled to reveal a map, “There should be a ford in the river close to Hermitage where we can cross with the horses. It will take a few hours, if we move at a canter. It will eat up miles but won’t exhaust Lucky too much.” He said, as Daegrin could easily gallop the distance without too much effort but a human bred horse didn’t have the same kind of resilience.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Neptune said:

Location: Selil Stables, Selil Marketplace and outside the city perimetre. 

With no discernible change in expression, Daedrin nodded although inwardly he was pleased. Not quite the name he would have picked but he felt that it suited the white mare. He reached up, patting Lucky’s curved neck, “That is a good name. I hope she brings us much luck.” He said before turning around and moving to Daegrin’s left side. As the stables were pretty much within view distance of the gates, it would be fine to mount up so that they could ride. However before he did that, he untied one of the bed rolls from the large Aelda before moving back to Lucky and tying it onto her so that Izanagi was carrying his own bed roll. Once he was satisfied that it was secure, he returned to Daegrin’s left side, gripping onto the saddle as he put his left foot into the stirrup before pulling himself up. He swung his right leg over the Aelda and settled into the saddle which was extra padded for comfort which for him, was a good thing all things considered. He shifted a couple of times to get comfortable before picking up his reins.

He looked at Izanagi, “The gate is just over there. We can ride from here.” He said before he nudged Daegrin’s sides with his feet gently, causing the powerful beast to start walking forwards. He guided Daegrin out of the stable property by tugging on the reins to tell the animal which direction to go. They stepped out into the street and turned towards the gate, still moving at a walking pace so not to disturb the other citizens, both on foot and horse. As they neared the gates, they could see that it was guarded by a contingent of soldiers who were carefully watching everyone as they passed in and out of the city. They were a mix of humans and Keza’s, a response to the tension caused by The Black Ones and the threat that they posed to the security of the nation. The soldiers looked at him as he passed, nodding at him as they recognised who he was, while they eyed Izanagi with suspicion but let him past without any troubles. Daedrin lead Izanagi away from the city, looking over his shoulder to see the huge city walls beginning to disappear. He then slowed Daegrin down so that he was riding beside Izanagi. He reached into his saddlebag and pulled out a rolled piece of parchment which he unrolled to reveal a map, “There should be a ford in the river close to Hermitage where we can cross with the horses. It will take a few hours, if we move at a canter. It will eat up miles but won’t exhaust Lucky too much.” He said, as Daegrin could easily gallop the distance without too much effort but a human bred horse didn’t have the same kind of resilience.

Location: Selil Stables, Selil Marketplace and outside the city perimeter

I smiled at Deadrin's response to the name that I chose to the mare, I was a bit uncertain about it at first, but since my companion seemed to like it I decided to not change it "I am sure she will" I said chuckling a bit in response to Deadrin's comment. I watched as the man took one of the bed rolls Deagrin was carrying and tied it to Lucky, I didn't complain of course, it was only fair that we carried our own things. Once that was taken care of, Deadrin and I both rode our respective horses, it took me a few moments and shifts to get used once again to the feeling of riding a horse, after all, it had been years since the last time I had done this, I wasn't that much of a big deal though, soon enough I took the reigns in my hands.

With a nod I began to follow Deadrin towards the city's gate, but something unexpected happened to me: my memories. The sound of the horseshoes hitting the ground, wind blowing against my body, the sight of the world around me as I was riding Lucky... all these feelings combined triggered a few vague yet very real memories of the days my father was teaching me how to ride, my mind was so filled with the bittersweet moments from my past that I didn't even notice the way the soldiers at the gate were looking at me when we passed through the gate, thankfully I snapped back at reality when Deadrin showed me the map and began to talk about our trajectory, after hearing what he had to say I nodded in agreement "Alright, sounds good for me, I trust you to know the best way to go" which was true, my experience with the forest had been very limited so far, but I am good at dealing with monsters, so I could keep us safe from them "And if, or rather, when a monster shows up, I'll take care of it." I said in a confident tone.

• Like 1

Location: Outside the city perimetre, en-route to Rosayia Forest

Daedrin couldn’t help but to feel a little amused at the mans confident statement about being able to take care of the monsters when they appeared. He couldn’t help but to caution, “Don’t allow yourself to become over-confident. That’s how you die.” He said as he tucked the map away again before grabbing the reins. He lightly kicked Daegrin’s flanks as he shook the reins causing the Aelda to start forward at a canter as he didn’t feel like having anymore discussion as he felt himself go deep into thought, only half paying attention to where they were going. But then the route was fairly easy, as long as they kept the river on their right. They would stumble upon the ford soon enough. 

Even he couldn’t afford to be over-confident, especially with the gifts that had been bestowed on him by his father that allow him to take care of most situations. But then again, he had felt something strange about Izanagi that he couldn’t quite put his finger on. Something familiar and yet something so different. It confused him, and he was curious to let Izanagi attempt to take care of any troubles just to find out more about him. Daedrin certainly wasn’t going to risk revealing any of his own secrets unless the situation was that dire. And even then, he may call upon those that were watching over him, protecting him, so that his cover wasn’t completely blown. The appearance of Divine beings was perhaps easier to explain. But Daedrin doubted it would ever reach that point. He was skilled enough in fighting to not need his abilities too much. His gaze moved out over the river which sluggishly flowed beside them, watching as a kingfisher dove into the water before it erupted out of the water and flew to a perch where it started eating its prize. Daedrin turned his eyes away from the scene to keep an eye on where they were moving.

The sun made lazy progress across the sky as the two of them followed the path up the cover, their horses seemingly inexhaustible as the canter easily ate up the miles that were stretched before them. With his sharp vision, Daedrin could see the walls the village of Hermitage long before Izanagi could. It meant that the ford was close by, and he turned his eyes back to the river as they continued to follow its curve. It was unfortunate that the ford wasn’t to the North of the Ildran River, as that would reduce the time of their journey. As it was, they had to stick to the south of the Ildran River until they drew close to the mountains of Enutpen’s Glory before the river was shallow enough for them to cross so that they could pass by Ashaba. 

Due to how dark the river water was, Daedrin almost missed the ford. He was glad that his eyes were far sharper than that of a human, otherwise he would have missed it completely. He slowed Daegrin to a walk, the Aelda snorting in annoyance as he did so. Daedrin patted Daegrin on the side of his neck before he looked up and across the river, “Once we cross here. We’re stepping into the Forests Bounds.” He said, before turning to look at Izanagi, “The Forest isn’t a place to step lightly. It is filled with monsters and other horrors. Even the most hardened war veterans cannot handle it.” He said, trying to get across how dangerous the place was. He didn’t want Izanagi to become so confident that it stepped into the realms of arrogance and thus get himself killed as a result. He then turned back and nudged Daegrin forwards causing the huge stallion to step into the cold river water. He had absolutely no trace of fear as he carried Daedrin across the wide river, the water swirling around his legs. They easily reached the other side and Daegrin pulled them up onto the riverbank, walking several paces before Daedrin pulled him to a step. He carefully scanned the foliage before them, every sense alert for anything that would jump out at them. But all he could hear was the song of birds, however he did not allow him to relax just because everything seemed fine on the surface. He remained where he was, waiting for his companion to join him.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Read our Privacy Policy for more information.

Please Sign In or Sign Up