• Community Administrator

Time: 21:31

“I’ll be there in a minute!” Lydia called back, too focused on her work to pull herself away just yet. She was in the middle of furiously typing on the keyboard, her fingers flying across the keys filling the room with soft tapping sounds as she worked in complete silence. She rushed to finish what she was typing before she saved her work and, somewhat reluctantly, she pulled herself away. She stretched her arms, letting out a sigh as she relaxed her muscles which aches slightly from sitting and working so intently. She turned her eyes to the time before she blinked in surprise at how late it was. She smiled slightly before chuckling to herself,

“And if you had your way, Lydia, you wouldn’t have eaten tonight…” She said to herself, as she knew her own habits very well. It wouldn’t have been the first time she would have been so intent on her work that she forgot to eat. And by the time she realised, it was too late for anything decent, so she would have something very small and then go to bed. She got up, tidying her desk and putting her folder away before she left study with her empty glass in hand. She then paused in front of the arch that lead into the dining room, noticing that it was dim while lit by a candle in the middle of the table. The smell of cooked steak hung on the air, mixed with the faint scent from the candle. She looked at up at Luck before saying, “Wow… this is… unexpected.” She then looked back at the table away, unable to help but wonder if Luck realised that a dinner like this had a rather… intimate feel to it. Or if he was just being cute.

“I’ll… be back in a moment.” She then said, moving into the kitchen to put her used glass on the side next to the sink before she went back into the dining room. She moved over to the table and looked down at what he had served before smiling, “It looks, and smells, delicious.” She told him. 

Diomedes’ head came up as he heard what he thought was a faint step from behind. He looked over his shoulder, feeling a presence getting closer. He turned completely around as a figure stepped down into the basement. The figure was thin with hair as dark as his own, and he had a definite demonic aura around him but not quite the same as what Kelania had. Either he was a different kind, or he wasn’t a pure demon. The most curious thing about him was the fact that the whites of his eyes were black, with the irises a vivid blood red in colour. He had seen such a feature before, in the Daedric Wolf but this figure did not look as if he was in anyway related. When the figure spoke, Diomedes tilted his head slightly before slowly turning around so that the heel of his boot made a menacing scraping noise on the stone floor. 

One of his well formed eyebrows shot up at his questions. Hunt? Had this person been hunting Kelania? Unseen behind his dark sunglasses, he allowed his eyes to roam up and down the figure, noting his body language. He was cautious, but not showing any immediate signs of hostility. Diomedes remained quiet for a long moment before he said, “You were too late. The Succubus is gone. Perhaps if you had been here sooner, you would have caught her.” He wasn’t sure if this figure would turn on him, out of a perceived insult of the stolen hunt or an attempt to hunt a bigger piece of game, so he decided to give him a warning, “And I wouldn’t advise trying to hunt me, either. I am not prey. I am the predator. Anyone who dares try and hunt me always end up regretting it.” He let the warning sink in before introducing himself, “I am Diomedes. Daedric General. Who. Are you?” He demanded in return.

• Like 1

A thundering roar escaped Chazin’s lips as his fist connects with the cement wall, putting a rather large hole into it. His hunt had indeed been stolen. He was simply too late and this was nothing he could do about it now. He shakes his head and drops his undamaged appendage from the wall. He takes in a deep breath to clear his head. And turns back to the man.

“So Kelania was the name of the demon, huh… How did you dispose of it?”

He looks into the eyes of the tall figure, stepping close to it. His eyes were obviously insulted, but the second he had mentioned that Chazin had better not try to hunt him, Chazin scoffed. He turned and walked back to the stairs of the basement and didn’t even get to the first step before He hear the name of the figure. He dropped to his knees, a shocked look plastered across the Unversed’s face.

“D-Diomedes…? C-can it be true… The one I’ve been searching for… For three hundred years is standing before me?”

His head snapped back to the tall, dark haired figure with amazed eyes. He had never imagined him to look so… Kempt. He expected him to be more rugged, but if this was truly Diomedes, then he had questions to ask

The moment the stranger roared, Diomedes’ other eyebrow shot up and a rather unimpressed look crossed his face. He was not intimidated by the sound, but it did irritate his sensitive ears. His black eyes moved to the impact site in the wall, noting the cracks that it had caused meaning that this individual was physically stronger than he looked. He looked back up, ignoring the question as the person stepped closer to him before turning around and seeming to walk off. Then, to his bemusement, the stranger dropped down to his knees the moment his name was spoken. What a strange individual. He tilted his head down at the man, before he crossed his arms across his own chest,

“Unless there is someone imitating me…” Diomedes said quietly, looking down at the man. He shifted his weight slightly onto one foot, wondering just who this little punk was. He wasn’t surprised that he had at least someone looking for him. His name was noted in numerous legends, but no one had ever found him and he really didn’t want anyone finding him either. It seemed like this person had merely stumbled upon him. He demanded again, “Who are you. And what is it you want?” If this person didn’t answer, or decided to try and screw around then he was going to disappear. He didn’t have the patience for it today.

"I've heard your name from countless demons that I've hunted. I've always wanted to find you... To learn how to get stronger from possibly the strongest being in this plane of existence... The only one to wipe out the entire race of the Eldyrranth."

He looks into Diomedes' eyes with a spark of hope that had been lost fairly long ago. He stands and walks back towards Diomedes, stopping about five feet away from him. He bows curtly and holds himself there.

"My name is Chazin. Chazin Ryoku. And you are my one single hope for being able to obtain strength and knowledge far beyond comprehension."

He raises his upper body and looks straight into the sunglass covered eyes of Diomedes

Time: 9:35 PM (21:35)

I see Lydia coming out from the arc looking up at me as I smile at her respond and look at the meal warm up to her liking using a very special fire to heat it up in the perfect condition beyond human comprehension. I see Lydia speaking before going to the kitchen for something and I waited for her since she was probably grabbing something important. I felt happy when she gave me that reaction and I felt like I can easily repay her back with this meal with just one bite. I see her walking back to the dining room as I gasp at her wearing glasses and it sort of reminds of my old look as I once wore glasses. Once again, she compliments on the atmosphere and meal's scent looming around the dining room while I snap back from my old memory.

"Of course! I did say I was going to make the best of the best." I smile, confidently. 

I slowly push back the seat for her since I have learned everything my world has to offer and including how to treat a woman right with manners while treating Lydia good. I was sort of overconfidence with this but it was the truth and I was going to use everything to impress this wonderful lady with my kindness. 

"Come, my fair lady, allow me to show you a brand new experience and treat you to a good meal from another world," I suggest. 

• Senior Staff

Time: 10:00 PM

Sophia was sitting at the bar with a drink in her hands. She may have been underage, but it took only a bit of swaying to convince the bartender that she simply didn't have her card on her. She certainly wasn't in the mood for an argument, though. Her whole body was still sore from her encounter that morning and probably would stay sore for several days. In fact, she was probably lucky to have even been able to stand up today at all. And now, she was cursed by the neverending threat of being stalked by some unknown woman. Diomedes told her the name, but she was only half conscious at the time. All she could recall was his claim that she would know who she was. She could only assume it was someone who would stand out in a crowd. He said she was a daedra, too, if she recalled correctly. So maybe she had a towering height just like him. Sophia looked over her shoulder and scanned the bar, no freakishly tall women were in sight at least, but she did catch the eyes of a man who seemed to have had his eyes on her for a while. She blushed hotly as her promise to Diomedes resurfaced in her mind and quickly averted her gaze and just scowled at her drink instead, hoping it would discourage the man from approaching. She knew she couldn't hide from it, but as long as this woman wasn't watching her, Diomedes would have no idea, right? That meant that she still had a short while of freedom to herself, and she hated the idea of enthusiastically jumping from cock to cock like some... whore! 

Sophia clenched her drink tighter as she gritted her teeth. How was she supposed to make her parents proud like this? All because of her stupidity, her family name would go down in history as the family of a whore who could never amount to anything. She didn't have Diomedes to comfort her mind and coax her into forgetting about all this stress. Everything was right back to square one only ten times worse. And if things hadn't been bad enough, she had lost her main source of income after missing a call from her boss. Just one small mistake was enough to convince the man that she was too irresponsible. Her phone was dead when she woke up, so she could only have assumed its battery had been drained by the demonic activity she had experienced. But all her boss would have seen was an irresponsible girl oversleeping and ignoring his call. She swore the old man had it out for her, as the other actresses constantly got better treatment than her, but quitting was never really an option. Perhaps being fired was for the best as it would allow her to pursue her career in other ways, but even that was impossible. There was only one career her destiny had been steered toward at this point. She glanced back over at the man who had been watching her before. His attention had been turned to a woman who was now sitting across from him, probably a girlfriend or wife, which immediately made her heart sink deeper into her chest. To think, Diomedes expects her to have sex with as many men as she could, with no questions asked... It truly was a daunting role. She never realized just how difficult it would be to swallow her pride at every waking moment. But again, at least for now, she was free. She turned her attention back to her drink and took a sip, cringing at the bitter taste. She never really drank alcohol much, she just figured getting drunk would help her relax and maybe help her with her assigned task. She just sighed and collapsed her head into her arms, allowing her tears to fall from her eyes. She was a slut. She knew it already, Diomedes forced her to acknowledge it from within the depths of her own mind. Why was it so difficult for her to accept? 

• Love 2

Diomedes tilted his head slightly, staring down the figure in front of him. Silence filled the room around them as he simply stared at Chazin. He had somewhat expected this, that the reason they had been looking for him was for power. Inwardly, he sighed, because he knew that most people who sought that were never up to anything good. And there was no way that he was just going to give out secrets and powers to just anyone. The corner of his lip twitched slightly at the mention of his role in the fall of Vorserend, the ancient city of the Eldyrannth of which the ruins were lost along with the rest of Craethiel. Of course, his role was not as simple as its destruction, but there was no way for Chazin to even know that. He held up a hand when the figure stepped closer, a warning not to come any closer,

“And why should I teach you anything?” Diomedes asked. His eyes roamed across Chazin again, and he had the wild urge to scan him to see what he was made up of. He was certainly some kind of demon, but there wasn’t something entirely demonic about him. It made his inner scientist desire to know more, but he firmly clamped down on such luxuries. First he needed to figure this person out, and to assess his threat level. His eyes stared back into Chazin’s own, neither flinching or looking away.

Time: 21:36

Lydia was a little taken back when he pulled back the chair for her and offered to sit her down for her. She was not used to such courtesy and it made her feel awkward because she didn’t know how to even respond to that. Not only that, but she never expected not craved such chivalry because of how independant she was. Lydia was so used to doing things herself that it threw her off balance. She awkwardly scratched her arm, “Er… okay…” She said, not sure what else to say. She came over and sat down in the chair, letting him push her in, “Um… thanks.” She then added, thinking of nothing else she could possibly say. She looked down at the food in front of her before saying, “It looks like steak.” As far as she was aware, this delicacy came over along with the original settlers of Ashaea. How was it from another world? Unless he had some new recipe she had no idea about, how much could one do with a steak? She then looked up at the candle before asking, “Why the candle?”

• Like 1

Chazin seemed to have little fear, but he shook his head when he could tell that the Daedric General was silently judging him. Of course, he meant not harm with what he was asking

"I simply need to get stronger... To protect everything that I care about... Because last time that I wasn't able to protect someone, they were killed before my very eyes. I bet you know how it feels to lose someone very close to you, don't you Diomedes? Especially when it happens right in front of you."

Chazin had little to no malice about him, at least at this moment anyways. He seemed to be more curious about getting to know about Diomedes' strengths and skills rather than trying to hurt him. Chazin knew better. Someone with power at this magnitude would be bound to fuck him up if he tried anything. Chazin kept his mind closed, just in case if Diomedes wanted to try and pry around his mind. He could feel Diomedes trying to figure out what he was, but Chazin decided to be generous.

"If you're wondering what the hell I am... I'm simply called an Unversed. Or a half Demon/half Angel hybrid if you will. I'm a demon hunter, like you, and also a spiritual cleanser.

He gave a small smile, kind of flattering himself. He knew that Diomedes was a demon hunter like himself, and he was still excited to no end that he had finally found this man after a good three hundred years.

Time: 10:06

The door opens to reveal a rather tired looking Kitsune male, one clad in almost all dark clothes, not counting the fringe lining the bottom and hood of his parka. In this kind of weather, it was strange to see someone wearing something so... Warm. His black tail swings almost in an annoyed pattern, matching his facial expression. He was wearing a rather curious looking black eyepatch across his right eye, and he was completely quiet. He obviously wasn't in the mood for people's bullshit. He takes a seat to the left of Sophia, seemingly oblivious amidst his own thoughts as well. Though he was kind of tall, his face would have had the features of a boy if it weren't for the dark, brooding look he had on his face. His brow was furrowed and he seemed to be judging the place that he sat in. He provided an ID as the bartender walked up to him. He checked it out and handed it back before taking his order. His voice contained a slightly deep tone, but it was still melodious in the ears of many women nearby as they began to swoon as his voice reached their eardrums. They started checking him out once they heard his voice, but he only responded with a disappointed shake of the head.

"I'll have one Pincer Vodka on the rocks."

He glances curiously at the girl next to him, and part of the scar that his eyepatch was hiding could be seen peeking out from under the edge of the patch and from his long, black hair. His tail swayed around as he watched the seemingly depressed girl. He receives his drink, easily downing it with a single swig. It was obvious that he was skilled at taking drinks. He finally speaks, his voice a slight, deep tone, but still melodious nonetheless. A hint of curiosity edged his tone as he studied the body language of the girl next to him very closely. She was obviously deep in thought. Deep enough that she felt the need to collapse into her arms and start to weep. It was a sad sight to behold, but he couldn't just let someone feel down when he had the ability to do something about it. His completely black fox ears perk up as he talks to her in a sweet, reassuring voice. A voice that normally worked on many of the saddened people that he had ever talked to. His eyes were kind and full of care.

"What's the matter, love? I can tell that something's got you down."

Diomedes looked off to the side for a moment, the corner of his lip twitching slightly before he let out a quiet muffle at what Chazin had said, “You don’t know much about Daedra, do you? Daedra have no concept of love, affection or even family. They view that qualities as a weakness.” While he didn’t say it outloud, the implication was that he himself lacked those qualities as well. He couldn’t tell this complete stranger any of the truth as he would never bring himself to utter a single lie, so he worded it carefully so that was describing Daedra as a whole, not anyone on an individualistic level. He looked back however at what Chazin said next, feeling his curiosity rise even more. He had often heard of such hybrids, but he had never heard of the name given to them of Unversed. With his fascination with languages, he wondered as to the origin of such a word.

“Really now? Well… how interesting…” He murmured softly, before he seemed to disappear, only to reappear behind Chazin, looking down at him, “I’m not a demon hunter. At least, that isn’t my main preoccupation. I came following Kelania because I sensed that she was up to something no good. You would have been too late. She was going to open a portal, and allow more of her filth to infect the island. I stopped her.” He said, offering that much information at least before he then asked, “A spiritual cleanser, hmm? From your Angel side? How does that work?” 

Chazin nods when Diomedes explains to him that Daedra lack affection, love or family. He lets out a silent sigh, his eyes glancing down to the floor. He looks up to see the Daedric man disappear before his eyes, only to have the hair on the nape of his neck raise when he hears the sultry voice of the being behind him. He shudders softly, feeling Diomedes' presence almost pressing onto his back. He shifted slightly, now feeling slightly uncomfortable. As he shifts, his hair moves as well, exposing the single streak of blonde at the nape of his neck. He takes an uneasy step forwards before starting to speak again.

"Oh. I see... I guess that would make sense... And I don't think that if Kelania managed to open the portal that they would simply stop at the island. I'm pretty sure they'd probably try to take over the world... And that would be pretty catastrophic..."

He flinches slightly when Diomedes asks him about his spiritual healing capabilities. He hesitantly nodded and spoke in a soft voice

"It was my mother's line of work, though she was sent to perform normal Angelic duties at times. She was sent to watch over a newborn child in England in 1503. If you could even call it England back then. I bet you can figure out what happened while she was there. While I now exist. And the way that my spiritual cleansing works..."

He slips a handful of daggers from the sleeve of his trench coat into his hands. He throws them one by one into the ground, forming a small cross about three feet in heighth. The daggers connect with a blinding white line of his Angelic energy, forcing Chazin to slip on his sunglasses. The daggers are all soon connected by the same white line of energy and the inside glows a bright blue, as if it was a flame.

"It's like this, but on a much larger scale. All I have to do is make that formation and project my Angelic energy into it. Though, due to my Demonic half, I can't step into it. I usually use this to cleanse Fallen Angels and humans that feel the need to be rid of their many sins, though they deserve to burn in Hell or wherever it is that Demons go..."

Using just a small bit of his telekinesis, The daggers dislodge from the ground in front of them, flying back into Chazin's sleeves hilt first.

Diomedes smirked slightly when Chazin took a step forwards, delighting in making him uncomfortable. He wanted to remind the hybrid just who he was, and the kind of powers he had. He let out a soft chuckle, before saying in a grand understatement, “It would be… inconvenient…” He paused for a moment before adding, “But then again… Earth is my territory. I’m not going to let the likes of her spoil that.” He eyes were drawn to the nape of the man’s back, noticing the blonde that revealed itself. He wondered if it was natural. He switched his gaze back to Chazin as he spoke about his mother.

When he pulled out his daggers and began to throw them onto the ground in a cross, Diomedes pulled out a black device which fit into his hand, looking like some kind of scanner. It have numerous, strange spidery runes that were unreadable to Chazin. While the hybrid was performing his spell, Diomedes was scanning it and reading the energy that emanated from him. He then looked up at Chazin when he explained how he used it. The Daedra thought for a few moments before he asked, “Sins? Isn’t that a bit subjective? The Daedra consider it a sin to be kind and generous to others. Can you cleanse those sins as well? Or are you using your mother’s perception of what a sin is?”

• Senior Staff
On 2/8/2018 at 09:16, ShuyaHideaki said:

Time: 10:06

The door opens to reveal a rather tired looking Kitsune male, one clad in almost all dark clothes, not counting the fringe lining the bottom and hood of his parka. In this kind of weather, it was strange to see someone wearing something so... Warm. His black tail swings almost in an annoyed pattern, matching his facial expression. He was wearing a rather curious looking black eyepatch across his right eye, and he was completely quiet. He obviously wasn't in the mood for people's bullshit. He takes a seat to the left of Sophia, seemingly oblivious amidst his own thoughts as well. Though he was kind of tall, his face would have had the features of a boy if it weren't for the dark, brooding look he had on his face. His brow was furrowed and he seemed to be judging the place that he sat in. He provided an ID as the bartender walked up to him. He checked it out and handed it back before taking his order. His voice contained a slightly deep tone, but it was still melodious in the ears of many women nearby as they began to swoon as his voice reached their eardrums. They started checking him out once they heard his voice, but he only responded with a disappointed shake of the head.

"I'll have one Pincer Vodka on the rocks."

He glances curiously at the girl next to him, and part of the scar that his eyepatch was hiding could be seen peeking out from under the edge of the patch and from his long, black hair. His tail swayed around as he watched the seemingly depressed girl. He receives his drink, easily downing it with a single swig. It was obvious that he was skilled at taking drinks. He finally speaks, his voice a slight, deep tone, but still melodious nonetheless. A hint of curiosity edged his tone as he studied the body language of the girl next to him very closely. She was obviously deep in thought. Deep enough that she felt the need to collapse into her arms and start to weep. It was a sad sight to behold, but he couldn't just let someone feel down when he had the ability to do something about it. His completely black fox ears perk up as he talks to her in a sweet, reassuring voice. A voice that normally worked on many of the saddened people that he had ever talked to. His eyes were kind and full of care.

"What's the matter, love? I can tell that something's got you down."

Sophia heard the aggravated footsteps of someone crossing behind her and sitting next to her. She practically growled to herself. From the sound of his voice, it was clear that he was a man. There was only one reason a man would approach a woman at a bar and there was no doubt in her mind that he would try to talk with her. She was not in the mood to talk at all, much less put up with flirting. She preemptively wiped off her face to hide her tears. She heard his voice speak up again and sat up to look at him. She was a little surprised to see that the voice belonged to a kitsune. She had always thought Kitsunes were a cute and comforting race, and this one, in particular, had an attractive boyish appearance and a mysterious scar behind his eyepatch which certainly had a story behind it, but one look at the girls staring at him sent her another message. This man clearly had a charm that he knew how to use if these many girls were swooning over him. She had dealt with boys like this all through high school, the ones who seemed to see women like her as a challenge. Maybe she was making assumptions, though. After all, she attracted a lot of undesired attention herself. Either way, she had no reason to tell a complete stranger about her day. She just wanted to down it with alcohol and be done. Although that was.. a little bit easier said than done considering the terrible taste. 

"I don't want to talk." She retorted curtly. She knew she would have to become more open to men like this in the near future, she would have to start acting more like a slut. She just lifted her glass to her lips to take another sip and set it down. She could down it a little more easily this time, probably just because she wanted to prove a point. After a few moments, she thought to herself that perhaps she had acted a bit rude just now. "I'm sorry, it's just... a lot to take in is all." She stared down at her reflection in the glass with a disgusted look on her face. She had covered most of the scars and bruises with makeup, but she still couldn't get the image of just what she looked like when she first got in front of the mirror after being sent home. She couldn't have been more ashamed and humiliated than the way she felt staring herself in the eyes. Just what the hell did she let happen to herself? She completely neglected everyone she had ever held dear to her and now she was in too deep, there was no escaping it. This was probably exactly what Diomedes wanted out of her. He wanted her to forget about all of that. Maybe forgetting would make her happier, but it wasn't what she wanted to do. She had dedicated her life to the name of her family, her parents, her sister... and this was the life she was going to live for their sake?

Chazin sat on the ground, crossing his legs. Just displaying his spiritual cleansing took a lot out of him, and the telekinesis, didn't help one bit. He rubs the back of his head, covering up the single strand of blonde in his jet black hair. He took a few heavy pants before looking up at Diomedes, the tall being still standing above and behind him. He takes a few moments to stand back up, having regained his energy from the little stunt he just pulled. He looks at the strange device that Diomedes holds in his hand. He is curious about it, but he leaves that alone for now.

"Well, I wouldn't know about the Daedric sins. I only go by the sins listed in the bible. Lust, greed, gluttony, pride, envy, sloth, and wrath. Though I've commited almost every single one of these sins. All except for gluttony and sloth..."

Chazin leans against the table as his head is still spinning too much for him to stand properly, let alone walk. It's a few moments before Chazin starts to speak again. His voice was filled with determination, letting DIomedes know exactly what he wanted.

"I could teach you some of my skills, and I have numerous, if you'll show me how to get as strong as you without transforming."

After hearing her flat answer, He turns back to the bar, letting her know that he wasn't going to attempt to pry anything out of her. He was simply a gentleman like that. A soft growl does emanate from his throat though as his ears continue to pick up the chattering of the girls behind him. It annoyed him both physically and mentally. He seriously couldn't go anywhere without a swarm of women following him wherever he goes. He turns around and gives them a glare which shuts them right up. They leave and go try to find another person to swoon over and accept them. His ears perk up once they're gone.

"That's fair enough. I won't push you to tell me anything."

He lifts up his glass again, though only slightly as he realizes that he had already drunk it. He shrugs and lifts it up to his mouth, taking in one of the ice cubes and letting it rest in his mouth and feeling it slowly melt away before asking for a refill. Once it is received, he takes a small sip of the alcohol to enjoy the smooth, smoky taste of it by rolling the liquid around in his mouth before swallowing it. It was one of his favorite drinks, and it was what he always ordered whenever he had the chance to do so. He takes a quick glance at the young girl sitting next to him, still looking as if she had been utterly destroyed inside. He knew how that felt as well. He takes another short swig of his drink before turning his head towards her, holding out his hand to offer a handshake.

"My name's Shez. Yours?"

Diomedes watched as Chazin sat himself down on the ground, his posture indicating that his effort of showing off his ability had worn him down. Covertly, Diomedes scanned him, measuring his life signs. His energy levels were low, but otherwise he was completely healthy from what Diomedes could see. He moved his eyes from the scanner back to Chazin as he stood back up. At Chazin’s response, the Daedra let out a thoughtful hum as his head tilted slightly. So his sins were as subjective as Diomedes had thought. Of course, the conditions of the sins that he had observed in the bible also varied. What one might consider lustful, another did not. Although the bibles versions of sins reminded him a lot about the Daedric counterparts; The Celestials. However they were not the pure force of good that one would expect. If anything, they were as bad as the Daedra. But in Diomedes’ mind, at least the Daedra were honest with how corrupt and twisted they were. The Celestials were puritans, intent on absolving the Universe of sins. He could tell from the scan that this person did not have any Celestial ancestry, but even so the talk of cleansing sins made him wary. Things like that had a habit of getting out of control, as the definitions were often not well defined.

His eyebrow then rose at Chazin’s suggestion, before he said, “Why would I want to learn such skills? They wouldn’t be any real use to me… other than study…” He paused for a moment before he then continued, “I will give at least one piece of advice. Your diet is in dire need of some improvements. You aren’t eating enough carbohydrates. You would find yourself less prone to weariness, from using your abilities, if you increase your intake. You should also look at increasing portion sizes a little to help keep up with energy demands. Even if the energy you use comes from an outside source, you still burn up your own energy to tap into it. The more energy you have, the more you can tap into. Of course, it’s never that simple in on itself… you would see need practise.” 

Chazin raises a brow at the rejection of his offer, wondering why he wouldn't want to learn some new things. He thought that most beings were interested in gaining knowledge. His slightly pointed ears perk up as he listens to Diomedes' reasoning for him being so worn out. He definitely ate more than what someone of his size would be expected of consuming. He didn't think that he'd need more, as he'd like to keep his perfect body shape.

He points to Diomedes' strange device, quickly but softly poking at it with his finger. He looks at Diomedes in hopes that he didn't alarm or upset the man before continuing to talk.

"Well, I guess that I'll have to check that out, but are you sure that you don't want to learn or study any of my abilities? I can teach you how to make a perfect clone of yourself using your own energy or blood. Or, I could attempt to teach you how to do this..."

He holds out his right hand, attempting to make a replica of the scanner. He falls horribly short of the copy, with absolutely nothing appearing in his hands. He decides to take Diomedes' advice and decides to simply summon something for him to eat.

"<Summon:Beef Steak:BeefTenderloin_Instance#89>"

A plate of beef tenderloins slowly materializes into both of his hands and he summons a fork as well, stabbing at a piece of the meat and taking a bite of it. He looks at Diomedes and smiles

"Would you like anything to eat?"

Edited by ShuyaHideaki

• Senior Staff
21 hours ago, ShuyaHideaki said:

After hearing her flat answer, He turns back to the bar, letting her know that he wasn't going to attempt to pry anything out of her. He was simply a gentleman like that. A soft growl does emanate from his throat though as his ears continue to pick up the chattering of the girls behind him. It annoyed him both physically and mentally. He seriously couldn't go anywhere without a swarm of women following him wherever he goes. He turns around and gives them a glare which shuts them right up. They leave and go try to find another person to swoon over and accept them. His ears perk up once they're gone.

"That's fair enough. I won't push you to tell me anything."

He lifts up his glass again, though only slightly as he realizes that he had already drunk it. He shrugs and lifts it up to his mouth, taking in one of the ice cubes and letting it rest in his mouth and feeling it slowly melt away before asking for a refill. Once it is received, he takes a small sip of the alcohol to enjoy the smooth, smoky taste of it by rolling the liquid around in his mouth before swallowing it. It was one of his favorite drinks, and it was what he always ordered whenever he had the chance to do so. He takes a quick glance at the young girl sitting next to him, still looking as if she had been utterly destroyed inside. He knew how that felt as well. He takes another short swig of his drink before turning his head towards her, holding out his hand to offer a handshake.

"My name's Shez. Yours?"

Sophia took notice as Shez glared at the girls to make them scatter. Suddenly, he seemed quite a bit more relatable to her. Although, she never really had the confidence to scare them all off like that. She had always been worried one of them would retaliate if she tried, and then she would have no idea what to do. She found a small smile spread across her lips at the sight before Shez turned his attention back to her. She appreciated that this man wasn't going to press the subject any further. Clearly, he had some form of respect for her as a person. This could be her last chance to be spoken to as an equal. Some part of her mind was already imagining what a Kitsune's cock would feel like, but she quickly shook those thoughts away. It had been a while since anyone took time to talk to her without expecting anything in return. Sophia smiled as he extended his hand toward her and gently met it, her soft palm gently pressing against his. Shez was an interesting name, maybe it was a usual name from wherever Kitsune originate from, perhaps Japan? "I'm Sophia."

She couldn't help but blush softly after making contact with his skin and meeting eyes with him, so she quickly turned her attention back to her drink and took another sip. "I see you have a lot of girls following you around. I've been that way, too. It can get really frustrating not being given much personal space... Well, I don't know, I guess some part of me does enjoy the attention, but I don't always want it, y'know?" A part of what she said was more or less just tacked on to help herself feel better about her position. After all, it did seem selfish of her to keep her body to herself when so many people are pining for it, as Diomedes suggested. 

On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 08:26, Neptune said:

Time: 21:36

Lydia was a little taken back when he pulled back the chair for her and offered to sit her down for her. She was not used to such courtesy and it made her feel awkward because she didn’t know how to even respond to that. Not only that, but she never expected not craved such chivalry because of how independant she was. Lydia was so used to doing things herself that it threw her off balance. She awkwardly scratched her arm, “Er… okay…” She said, not sure what else to say. She came over and sat down in the chair, letting him push her in, “Um… thanks.” She then added, thinking of nothing else she could possibly say. She looked down at the food in front of her before saying, “It looks like steak.” As far as she was aware, this delicacy came over along with the original settlers of Ashaea. How was it from another world? Unless he had some new recipe she had no idea about, how much could one do with a steak? She then looked up at the candle before asking, “Why the candle?”

Time: 9:36 PM (21:36)

"Candles?" I repeat, slightly confused. "I thought it will set the mood for hunger? Were you expecting something else?" I chuckle softly.

I sat in the opposite of the table as she looks a bit uncomfortable of something in her mind and her expression while speaking made it obvious which made me uneasy to question them. Regardless, I am always keen to listen to people's trouble and I need to know more about Lydia so I can don't make any mistake regarding about her uncomfortable zone. I smile thinly as she calls it a normal steak and she was half right about being a normal steak in glace of it but, I used a unique fire only found in my world and using a different home ingredient use by my step-sister since she runs her own restaurant. One bite should be able to distinguish the difference between a normal steak and mine since the taste, delicacy, and softness of the steak is close or if not beyond perfect for a human being at this caliber. Even so, I waited for her to take the first bite to see her reaction of it and talk about her life here so I can have a better understanding about the person who took notice of my presence here. 

"Lydia, do you live here by your lonesome in this big house? You don't like relying on other people since I could notice how hard you work by taking a look in the house?" I ask, softly.

Edited by lVergill

4 hours ago, Aurafox1 said:

Sophia took notice as Shez glared at the girls to make them scatter. Suddenly, he seemed quite a bit more relatable to her. Although, she never really had the confidence to scare them all off like that. She had always been worried one of them would retaliate if she tried, and then she would have no idea what to do. She found a small smile spread across her lips at the sight before Shez turned his attention back to her. She appreciated that this man wasn't going to press the subject any further. Clearly, he had some form of respect for her as a person. This could be her last chance to be spoken to as an equal. Some part of her mind was already imagining what a Kitsune's cock would feel like, but she quickly shook those thoughts away. It had been a while since anyone took time to talk to her without expecting anything in return. Sophia smiled as he extended his hand toward her and gently met it, her soft palm gently pressing against his. Shez was an interesting name, maybe it was a usual name from wherever Kitsune originate from, perhaps Japan? "I'm Sophia."

She couldn't help but blush softly after making contact with his skin and meeting eyes with him, so she quickly turned her attention back to her drink and took another sip. "I see you have a lot of girls following you around. I've been that way, too. It can get really frustrating not being given much personal space... Well, I don't know, I guess some part of me does enjoy the attention, but I don't always want it, y'know?" A part of what she said was more or less just tacked on to help herself feel better about her position. After all, it did seem selfish of her to keep her body to herself when so many people are pining for it, as Diomedes suggested. 

Shez smiles and takes another sip of his drink before sighing. As always, he was going to be spending his night alone once more. He takes hold of the eyepatch and slightly moves it to cover up the showing portion of his scar. His other eye, however shone a brilliant icy blue. His tail continued to swish around him, but less annoyed and more happy. His ears perk up when she spoke, her voice sending small shivers down his spine. Her voice was beautiful, when the tone of annoyance wasn't behind it. He took his hand back and downs the rest of his drink before asking for yet another. For someone who looked boyish, he sure knew how to handle his alcohol.

"Sophia... It's a beautiful name... And the scent that you give off, besides the alcohol... Are you by chance Japanese and Latino?"

He looked at the empty glass in front of him before it was replaced. He sighs when she made her accusation of having him having all those girls following him around. He looks down at the bar before shaking around his glass to stir up the alcohol even more. He smiled at her and took a smaller sip than she did. He nods and watches her body expression, being able to tell completely that she was telling the truth.

"Well, I guess it's my voice, and this..."

He points begrudgingly at the patch covering his right eye

"That make them all swarm towards me. I guess that girls love a good mystery, ya know? And indeed, it's very frustrating not to be allowed personal space of your own. I don't enjoy the attention at all. It makes me feel cramped and like I simply can't escape."

22 hours ago, ShuyaHideaki said:

Chazin raises a brow at the rejection of his offer, wondering why he wouldn't want to learn some new things. He thought that most beings were interested in gaining knowledge. His slightly pointed ears perk up as he listens to Diomedes' reasoning for him being so worn out. He definitely ate more than what someone of his size would be expected of consuming. He didn't think that he'd need more, as he'd like to keep his perfect body shape.

He points to Diomedes' strange device, quickly but softly poking at it with his finger. He looks at Diomedes in hopes that he didn't alarm or upset the man before continuing to talk.

"Well, I guess that I'll have to check that out, but are you sure that you don't want to learn or study any of my abilities? I can teach you how to make a perfect clone of yourself using your own energy or blood. Or, I could attempt to teach you how to do this..."

He holds out his right hand, attempting to make a replica of the scanner. He falls horribly short of the copy, with absolutely nothing appearing in his hands. He decides to take Diomedes' advice and decides to simply summon something for him to eat.

"<Summon:Beef Steak:BeefTenderloin_Instance#89>"

A plate of beef tenderloins slowly materializes into both of his hands and he summons a fork as well, stabbing at a piece of the meat and taking a bite of it. He looks at Diomedes and smiles

"Would you like anything to eat?"

When Chazin poked his scanner, Diomedes pulled it away slightly, watching the hybrid with a suspicious glance. When Chazin made no move to follow the movement, he relaxed slightly but still continued watching him closely as he spoke. He hadn’t actually rejected Chazin’s offer, merely asked him why would he want to learn them them, other than to study them. The ability of making a perfect clone did interest him, but he wasn’t sure if his type of blood would be compatible due to the vast differences in their biology. His blood was filled with crystal, which might make him unable to even learn how to do it. But he was interested in how it worked, as well as the differences between the clones and the originals. He remained quiet as Chazin seemed to try and concentrate, with his hand held open palm up but after several moments nothing happened. Diomedes was about to say something however Chazin then said something quite strange. It sounded similar to some kind of computer code, yet he knew it wasn’t. He wasn’t an expert with such things, but he had learned a bit from his son, who was obsessed with computers when he was little and took a delight in teaching his ancient father about it.

Both of his eyebrows shot up when a plate with what looked like a piece of steak appeared in his hand before a fork appeared as well. Immediately the smell of tenderly cooked meat began to fill the room. Diomedes scanned the steak, ignoring the question at first. It appeared to be a fully cooked steak. He pulled his scanner away, feeling perplexed as he had never seen anyone perform such a trick. He knew that one of his oldest, and most trusted of friends was able to do something similar, but it cost him a great deal of energy. But then he was messing around with Quantum science, and creating the elements on the spot and atoms required a lot of energy in order to bring into existence. It was why Nuclear fission, and fusion were looked at as powerful energy sources by humans. He sincerely doubted this individual had done it like that, otherwise he might have been left weak and gasping on the floor if not dead, “How are you able to do that?” He demanded, being a little rude in his surprise. 

8 hours ago, lVergill said:

Time: 9:36 PM (21:36)

"Candles?" I repeat, slightly confused. "I thought it will set the mood for hunger? Were you expecting something else?" I chuckle softly.

I sat in the opposite of the table as she looks a bit uncomfortable of something in her mind and her expression while speaking made it obvious which made me uneasy to question them. Regardless, I am always keen to listen to people's trouble and I need to know more about Lydia so I can don't make any mistake regarding about her uncomfortable zone. I smile thinly as she calls it a normal steak and she was half right about being a normal steak in glace of it but, I used a unique fire only found in my world and using a different home ingredient use by my step-sister since she runs her own restaurant. One bite should be able to distinguish the difference between a normal steak and mine since the taste, delicacy, and softness of the steak is close or if not beyond perfect for a human being at this caliber. Even so, I waited for her to take the first bite to see her reaction of it and talk about her life here so I can have a better understanding about the person who took notice of my presence here. 

"Lydia, do you live here by your lonesome in this big house? You don't like relying on other people since I could notice how hard you work by taking a look in the house?" I ask, softly.

Time: 21:37

Lydia blinked at his response to her question. Clearly his culture was vastly different from her own. She wondered if she should tell him that, or if it would make things even more awkward. She decided to just let it drop to save them both the embarrassment, “Uh… yeah, sure…” She said softly, letting out a soft, awkward laugh. She then pulled her lip to the side as she went back to inspecting the ordinary-seeming steak in front of her. She carefully cut off a portion and sniffed at it curiously. She then popped it into her mouth and slowly chewed it, causing her eyebrows to raise slightly in surprise. This was the best steak she had ever eaten in her life, “Wow… this is amazing.” She commented, taking another bite of it. She then looked up at the question that was suddenly fired her way. She blinked her green eyes at him, slowly chewing her mouthful before swallowing it. She then gave a slight shrug,

“I’m just quite independent, that’s all. I work hard because I enjoy my job… it’s… well, my passion in life. I don’t actually have any family, so I have to rely on myself because there is no one else I can rely on…” She replied, before realising that made her sound rather sad and looking for sympathy, which she most certainly wasn’t so she added, “Not that I’m moping around over that. Life is life. Stuff happens. I’ve done quite well for myself.”

• Like 1

• Senior Staff
5 hours ago, ShuyaHideaki said:

Shez smiles and takes another sip of his drink before sighing. As always, he was going to be spending his night alone once more. He takes hold of the eyepatch and slightly moves it to cover up the showing portion of his scar. His other eye, however shone a brilliant icy blue. His tail continued to swish around him, but less annoyed and more happy. His ears perk up when she spoke, her voice sending small shivers down his spine. Her voice was beautiful, when the tone of annoyance wasn't behind it. He took his hand back and downs the rest of his drink before asking for yet another. For someone who looked boyish, he sure knew how to handle his alcohol.

"Sophia... It's a beautiful name... And the scent that you give off, besides the alcohol... Are you by chance Japanese and Latino?"

He looked at the empty glass in front of him before it was replaced. He sighs when she made her accusation of having him having all those girls following him around. He looks down at the bar before shaking around his glass to stir up the alcohol even more. He smiled at her and took a smaller sip than she did. He nods and watches her body expression, being able to tell completely that she was telling the truth.

"Well, I guess it's my voice, and this..."

He points begrudgingly at the patch covering his right eye

"That make them all swarm towards me. I guess that girls love a good mystery, ya know? And indeed, it's very frustrating not to be allowed personal space of your own. I don't enjoy the attention at all. It makes me feel cramped and like I simply can't escape."

Sophia was flattered by Shez's compliment but was taken by surprise as he seemingly deduced her nationality solely from her smell. "I'm both hispanic and Japanese... my mother's side is from Mexico and my father's was from Japan." She paused for a moment and decided it was best to change the subject from there before her family peaked his interest. "Could you really tell that just from my smell? What else can you tell about a person?" She adjusted her position so that she was resting her elbow on the bar and leaning her head on her hand with a look of intrigue on her face. She could tell that Shez didn't seem to have any interest in talking about his eye, but it did admittedly peak her interest. She found her eyes focusing on the patch for a few seconds before adjusting her focus to his other eye to avoid making him feel uncomfortable. Otherwise, she would probably find herself asking about it insensitively. 

There was something about this boy that held her interest. Maybe it was because of his sincere demeanor, or maybe it was just the air of mystery. But either way, this wasn't the type of rude, presumptuous, and entitled man she was used to dealing with on a regular basis. Usually, by this point, the type of man who would sit next to her would have already come up with some sort of annoying pet name as if they weren't strangers and then have the balls to make some outrageous demand for a sexual favor. She could, without a doubt, agree with Shez's assertion that it made him feel cramped. Not wearing revealing clothing never really felt like an option for her. In such a competitive market, her looks were a great way to catch attention. It always did embarrass her to objectify herself like that, but she had to make her money somehow. Granted, Diomedes had also brought forward the realization that there was a part of her that really enjoyed teasing men with her body as well, which may have factored in subconsciously at the very least. Dammit, there was his influence on her again. Even without the demon combing through her mind, it still felt like he had her on a leash. As if he had implanted some sort of virus in her mind that forced her to think exactly the way he wanted her to. Again, she shook the thoughts out of her mind and turned her attention back toward Shez.

1 hour ago, Neptune said:

When Chazin poked his scanner, Diomedes pulled it away slightly, watching the hybrid with a suspicious glance. When Chazin made no move to follow the movement, he relaxed slightly but still continued watching him closely as he spoke. He hadn’t actually rejected Chazin’s offer, merely asked him why would he want to learn them them, other than to study them. The ability of making a perfect clone did interest him, but he wasn’t sure if his type of blood would be compatible due to the vast differences in their biology. His blood was filled with crystal, which might make him unable to even learn how to do it. But he was interested in how it worked, as well as the differences between the clones and the originals. He remained quiet as Chazin seemed to try and concentrate, with his hand held open palm up but after several moments nothing happened. Diomedes was about to say something however Chazin then said something quite strange. It sounded similar to some kind of computer code, yet he knew it wasn’t. He wasn’t an expert with such things, but he had learned a bit from his son, who was obsessed with computers when he was little and took a delight in teaching his ancient father about it.

Both of his eyebrows shot up when a plate with what looked like a piece of steak appeared in his hand before a fork appeared as well. Immediately the smell of tenderly cooked meat began to fill the room. Diomedes scanned the steak, ignoring the question at first. It appeared to be a fully cooked steak. He pulled his scanner away, feeling perplexed as he had never seen anyone perform such a trick. He knew that one of his oldest, and most trusted of friends was able to do something similar, but it cost him a great deal of energy. But then he was messing around with Quantum science, and creating the elements on the spot and atoms required a lot of energy in order to bring into existence. It was why Nuclear fission, and fusion were looked at as powerful energy sources by humans. He sincerely doubted this individual had done it like that, otherwise he might have been left weak and gasping on the floor if not dead, “How are you able to do that?” He demanded, being a little rude in his surprise. 

Chazin chuckled softly at the almost shocked look on Diomedes' face. It was a sight to behold on the face of someone rumored to be so powerful. He knew that he had stumped the Daedric General. He takes another bite and swallows before continuing to speak. He was tempted to let a mocking tone fill his voice, but the rude tone of Diomedes' voice let him know that the man wasn't up for any shits and giggles. It still filled Chazin with a hint of pride, nonetheless.

"I take it you've never heard of Armani code. I can't really explain how it works, besides the fact that you can make a perfect copy of something as long as you remember the first time that you made contact with it. I didn't know what your scanner there was compiled of, therefore, I couldn't make a copy of it. And it takes up varying amounts of energy, depending on how complex the object being summoned is. Though, why do you think that I have so many of the same dagger?"

He smiles and holds out his right hand once more

"<Summon:Iron:RunedDagger_Instance#3850/>"

Another small dagger materializes into his hands, exactly the same as the rest of them. He smiles and waves it around before deciding to be rid of it. He didn't need another, after all.

"<Dismiss/>"

He watches as the dagger dematerializes from his hand, vanishing into this air and out of existence. He continued to silently eat his food, still not knowing if Diomedes was hungry as well.

51 minutes ago, Aurafox1 said:

Sophia was flattered by Shez's compliment but was taken by surprise as he seemingly deduced her nationality solely from her smell. "I'm both hispanic and Japanese... my mother's side is from Mexico and my father's was from Japan." She paused for a moment and decided it was best to change the subject from there before her family peaked his interest. "Could you really tell that just from my smell? What else can you tell about a person?" She adjusted her position so that she was resting her elbow on the bar and leaning her head on her hand with a look of intrigue on her face. She could tell that Shez didn't seem to have any interest in talking about his eye, but it did admittedly peak her interest. She found her eyes focusing on the patch for a few seconds before adjusting her focus to his other eye to avoid making him feel uncomfortable. Otherwise, she would probably find herself asking about it insensitively. 

There was something about this boy that held her interest. Maybe it was because of his sincere demeanor, or maybe it was just the air of mystery. But either way, this wasn't the type of rude, presumptuous, and entitled man she was used to dealing with on a regular basis. Usually, by this point, the type of man who would sit next to her would have already come up with some sort of annoying pet name as if they weren't strangers and then have the balls to make some outrageous demand for a sexual favor. She could, without a doubt, agree with Shez's assertion that it made him feel cramped. Not wearing revealing clothing never really felt like an option for her. In such a competitive market, her looks were a great way to catch attention. It always did embarrass her to objectify herself like that, but she had to make her money somehow. Granted, Diomedes had also brought forward the realization that there was a part of her that really enjoyed teasing men with her body as well, which may have factored in subconsciously at the very least. Dammit, there was his influence on her again. Even without the demon combing through her mind, it still felt like he had her on a leash. As if he had implanted some sort of virus in her mind that forced her to think exactly the way he wanted her to. Again, she shook the thoughts out of her mind and turned her attention back toward Shez.

He nods at Sophia's question about what he could tell from someone. He looks at her with a slightly mischievous gaze and shrugged his shoulders. He takes a small sip of his drink once again and the turns to be a mirror image of her stance. He looks at the way that her body was positioned, as well as analyzing the movements that he had caught just a moment earlier.

"Well, judging by your body language, you just avoided speaking further about your parents... I've caught those subtle glances you've made at my eye patch, so it's more than likely that you're wondering about the scar that I've accidentally shown and covered up, and by the shape of your body, I can also deduce that you're most likely a dancer. Or at least you're someone that moves around a lot. You're also probably thinking about how I'm a lot kinder than most of the people that approach you. But that's not even the beginning of what I can determine from either one's smell or their body language."

He takes another small sip of his drink before flashing a kind smile at her. He had only scratched the surface, and he didn't want to mention her slightly pained movements to her, as if she were very sore from a certain type of exertion. He saw in her eyes that she was quickly warming up to him, partially because the alcohol was starting to work its way through her system and impairing her judgement. And this is why it wasn't safe for women at bars with creepy men attending them. He sighs softly and observes her body movements and facial expressions once more. He could tell by the look on her face that she was thinking of something that upset her, something that she obviously wished to forget. 

• Senior Staff

Sophia chuckled to herself as Shez rattled off a bunch of observations he had made. There certainly wasn't any getting past him, although he wasn't nearly as thorough as someone who could literally pull those thoughts right to the center of her mind like Diomedes, of course. "Well, I suppose you could call me a dancer, but I'm more of an actress and singer." She paused and looked back at her drink, it was still only about half empty, and sighed. "Well, I guess that's not quite right anymore. Those dreams are dead now, more or less." It was true that, just because she had been fired didn't necessarily mean she couldn't just find someone else to work with, but once her pregnancy began to show, the roles she could play would be much more narrow and she'd have to find another troupe to join on top of that. She had also been making money occasionally by singing at pubs like this one which she might could still do, but she wasn't sure how much free time she would be left with while living her life the way she was instructed. 

"I'm sorry about the scar," she commented, a little late, "I'm sure it's a sensitive topic, so I didn't say anything about it."

Chazin’s explanation did little to satisfy Diomedes, because it didn’t explain much behind the ability. He breathed out through his nose, frowning slightly as he watched Chazin speak. Then when he summoned one of his daggers, Diomedes carefully scanner the object as it came into existence, however it didn’t offer up much in the way of information other than the substance of the object coming together to create the object. Did he merely pull elements from his environment and merged them together somehow to make up the materials needed? How could one have this ability and not want to study into how it works? He pulled his scanner away again once the dagger disappeared, the thoughtful frown still furrowing his eyebrows.

“No, you wouldn’t have been able to make my scanner… It doesn’t even originate from this Universe and is made up of materials that you wouldn’t even remotely understand.” He said, his tone a little absent. He then tucked the scanner back into his coat pocket as he watched Chazin eat the steak, glad that the hybrid was polite enough not to talk with his mouth full. Or even eat with his mouth completely closed. Diomedes hated to see half chewed food and hated the sound of someone smacking their chops even more. It was enough to make his stomach twist in revulsion. But he approved of the boys good manners. 

“But, fine, you’ve certainly gotten me interested. But I still don’t know if you’re someone I could trust teaching anything. Providing you can even learn what I can teach you. What are you after, specifically? You say more power, but power how? New abilities? New tactics? New skills? … Knowledge? Because sometimes that’s all you need to be able to take down a more powerful opponent. The know how. Knowing their weaknesses… even knowing their strengths and knowing how to use it against them.” Diomedes said, folding his arms across his chest as he shifted, putting all of his weight on one foot as he looked down at Chazin. He hadn’t responded to Chazin’s question, because he wasn’t hungry and certainly wasn’t in the mood to eat. He was a man that didn’t like unnecessary conversation, thus he would not answer if he deemed it as such. It wasn’t out of rudeness, just the way he had been since a child. Thus, he wasn’t one for small talk and would ignore anyone who attempted to engage him in it.

4 hours ago, Aurafox1 said:

Sophia chuckled to herself as Shez rattled off a bunch of observations he had made. There certainly wasn't any getting past him, although he wasn't nearly as thorough as someone who could literally pull those thoughts right to the center of her mind like Diomedes, of course. "Well, I suppose you could call me a dancer, but I'm more of an actress and singer." She paused and looked back at her drink, it was still only about half empty, and sighed. "Well, I guess that's not quite right anymore. Those dreams are dead now, more or less." It was true that, just because she had been fired didn't necessarily mean she couldn't just find someone else to work with, but once her pregnancy began to show, the roles she could play would be much more narrow and she'd have to find another troupe to join on top of that. She had also been making money occasionally by singing at pubs like this one which she might could still do, but she wasn't sure how much free time she would be left with while living her life the way she was instructed. 

"I'm sorry about the scar," she commented, a little late, "I'm sure it's a sensitive topic, so I didn't say anything about it."

"Aye, it is... In fact, it's the only thing that I have left of two people that I lost when I was a child. But I've learned to cope with it, so it's not as big of a subject as it was before."

He finishes off his Pincer Vodka and sighs softly before looking at her, his icy blue eyes shimmering softly under the dim lights of the bar. He picks up a scent that he hadn't before. It made him curious as to how it slipped by his sensitive nose.

"Congratulations."

His entire face seemed to smile as he congratulated her on what caught his attention. His glance drifted down to her belly.

"Well... I could give you a job... How do you feel singing for me? I have a small art studio that I can have you work at and sing for the people there. They're always complaining about how quiet it is."

He looks back up to her eyes and sits up, his tail whipping around happily behind him. He may have found exactly what he needed.

3 hours ago, Neptune said:

Chazin’s explanation did little to satisfy Diomedes, because it didn’t explain much behind the ability. He breathed out through his nose, frowning slightly as he watched Chazin speak. Then when he summoned one of his daggers, Diomedes carefully scanner the object as it came into existence, however it didn’t offer up much in the way of information other than the substance of the object coming together to create the object. Did he merely pull elements from his environment and merged them together somehow to make up the materials needed? How could one have this ability and not want to study into how it works? He pulled his scanner away again once the dagger disappeared, the thoughtful frown still furrowing his eyebrows.

“No, you wouldn’t have been able to make my scanner… It doesn’t even originate from this Universe and is made up of materials that you wouldn’t even remotely understand.” He said, his tone a little absent. He then tucked the scanner back into his coat pocket as he watched Chazin eat the steak, glad that the hybrid was polite enough not to talk with his mouth full. Or even eat with his mouth completely closed. Diomedes hated to see half chewed food and hated the sound of someone smacking their chops even more. It was enough to make his stomach twist in revulsion. But he approved of the boys good manners. 

“But, fine, you’ve certainly gotten me interested. But I still don’t know if you’re someone I could trust teaching anything. Providing you can even learn what I can teach you. What are you after, specifically? You say more power, but power how? New abilities? New tactics? New skills? … Knowledge? Because sometimes that’s all you need to be able to take down a more powerful opponent. The know how. Knowing their weaknesses… even knowing their strengths and knowing how to use it against them.” Diomedes said, folding his arms across his chest as he shifted, putting all of his weight on one foot as he looked down at Chazin. He hadn’t responded to Chazin’s question, because he wasn’t hungry and certainly wasn’t in the mood to eat. He was a man that didn’t like unnecessary conversation, thus he would not answer if he deemed it as such. It wasn’t out of rudeness, just the way he had been since a child. Thus, he wasn’t one for small talk and would ignore anyone who attempted to engage him in it.

The second he sees Diomedes' expression of disappointment at the explanation of Chazin's ability. To be honest, he only knew how to make it work. He shrugs and decides to finish his food before talking further. His interests in the scanner only grew when he was told that the materials that made up the scanner were from a different universe. He dismisses the plate and fork before hopping down from the table and stretching out his long, slender arms.

"I see... So there are universes other than this one... Is there any possibility that you've come from said universe?"

Before he could await an answer, his face turned to complete focus and eyes shut. It seemed like he was concentrating on something, but what it was was unknown since Chazin kept his mind completely shut and locked to any sort of telepathic invaders. He suddenly looks up and his brows furrowed together. He looked slightly annoyed more than anything.

"There's something here..."

Something had popped up on his radar, an energy that seemed to be just between his strength and Diomedes', which he noted that wasn't that far off once he compared it to his.

"I guess that you can teach me in the midst of what's about to happen..."

Diomedes let out a breath through his nose, as he felt that flare on his own radar. Certainly something a bit more challenging than what Kelania had been. Was every demonic scum and their damn mother’s coming out this night? Or was this really his unlucky day? He looked over at Chazin as he commented that there was something there. The Daedra then shrugged as he crossed his arms and let his hands fall to his side, 

“I suppose I can at least see you in action…” Diomedes commented, although he didn’t add that this would also be a good way to confirm what Chazin claimed. That he was a hunter of demons, and protected innocents rather than hurt them. He had to admit that he was quite curious, though. Looking closely at Chazin, he had the pose and demeanor of a fighter. He then moved his arm in a graceful arch to indicate the stairs, “Then let us go. You can lead the way. Show me how exactly you track them down… because I’m usually very careful to keep my tracks covered and you were able to sense me. But then again, you were really following the Succubus, weren’t you? She was… hardly careful.” He said, as he prefered Chazin to walk up the stairs before him. It wasn’t out of a sense of distrust. Diomedes just didn’t like people walking behind him. But then due to the nature of Daedric Politics, he had had many attempts on his life thus making him very cautious by nature.

• Love 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Read our Privacy Policy for more information.

Please Sign In or Sign Up